CPU&GPU usage not adding up

So i'll start with saying i'm running the game on a "crappy" ultrabook i used during uni.

The cpu is 3rd gen i7U 2core (goes up to 3.1), gpu is a discrete 740m 2gb (up to 895mhz), 8gb ddr3 ram. The game is installed in a decently fast 256gb ssd, so load times are actually good.

The only problem is i cannot seem to get the game to actually use the full power of the machine. It's true that the cpu is gonna bottleneck my gpu eventually, but it doesn't even get to that point. Cpu usage goes up to about 85% and gpu at about 75/80% and when running pretty much everything maxed out (except post processing effects, those would just kill my gpu, i only got bloom and dof enabled). I tried editing bns settings files manually, i've made a custom preset for the game in nvidia settings and i'm running bnsbuddy as well, but the damn game won't ever use 100% of my cpu, not even on a single core and i end up getting around 30-50 fps on mostly 5 (except for draw which is set to 2) settings, which ain't bad considering my specs, but it could be better. 

Temps are good, both the MB and GPU sitting at about 85c, so neither my cpu and gpu are throttling which is why i don't get why the boost doesn't kick in (both chips sit at their base clock speeds for some reason).

If someone has some sort of advice for optimizing the performance i'd appreciate it, also sorry for the wall of text :D

Have you tried setting it maximum performance? It's through the battery icon under power settings. There isn't much you can do to squeeze out performance out of a laptop other than to close non-essential apps. Overclocking it would be risky.

Archived