SIN new patch changes

ISOPG

Hello my question here is if SIN class still pretty fun to play with these changes. Is it wortht as a main? between BM and this one which would you think is better to farm and enjoy the game?

Both are fine, i think. Mostly personal preference. The recent sin changes pretty much only matter in pvp. Its a bit harder i guess, at least initially, if youre used to sin before. I personally dislike how they are pushing light build *WAYYYY* above shadow build in pvp, but oh well what can you do. Some volks might enjoy light. In pve sin is prolly better for solo farming, but as soon as you join a group it does not matter and im not sure how much solo currently matters in pve. In pvp im not sure. Id still say sin has an edge even though the ranking would suggest otherwise. BMs didnt get changes, but sin did get some that substancially change their combo play, so they s*ck because they cant do things like 'tech chasing' ground counters witch other classes had to do since the start, but sins never had to do it up until just now, hence they cant do it yet (generally speaking). There are other ways we can deal with ground counter too, but you need to actively keep track of them. Your time bomb pierces ground counter, landmine does and your lmb stun does too. Other than that you can 'tech chase' it with c stun or get stealth from your 1 or hit into it against some specific classes and get stealth from woodblock. Oh and x dagger ofc. Before you pressed rmb every time.

So im using light build now ever since the patch. Though against melee classes i actually play close shave in light build now most of the time. Its more fun to play with it and makes you able to combo more consistently. With lightning pierce when not running chi smoke or drain you sort of run into the problem of not actually having enough chi to utilize the theoretical damage gain anyways, so thats not really a big deal. Against fms i dont play close shave either, because it bugs way to often when they have the almighty frost orb and you dont really have a problem to combo them ever because they dont have a groundcounter.

It might seem weird at first to run light almost like dark build. You basically trade 6 seconds on your 4 stun (cooldown) for your 1 dash having 0m range (witch is INSANE as an engage sometimes but sins generally spam that so people try to counter it so you cant actually spam it as an engage or you loose but it still a thread they are forced to play around just because you have it and also helps tremendosly with groundgaming as you dont need to waste your e/ss for it or walk back pretively all the time and mostly loose some damage). Lmb giving stealth is sort of neutral, but with the tab swap nerf it helps you to apply x dagger, timebomb and use a daze after you tech chase with tab swap, witch can be tricky in dark build now.

What is also really cool against bm, bd and des you can hit into ground counter woodblock it and then stun them when their resist is gone (as they are still animation locked). You cannot do that against sin, kfm or sf though. In theory you can with kfm and sf if youre at a long range and have your poison shuriken up, but thats a very specific scenario, if youre close their counters are simply too fast for you to block it in time.

Against sins you cant really do any of this, but i personally think its the easiest ground counter to 'tech chase' and tech chasing with mine or 3 kd and then either piercing the counter with mine or 'tech chasing' it with 3 kd is a very good way to combo them and make their flower useless. Before the patch i could not really do that as i never had to do that, i basically would have just block breaked their ground counter and then theid use their flower. Except well piercing it with mine thats easy. But i never actually 'tech chased' ground counters. Its not actually that hard you just need to train it, its pretry similar to tech chasing f roll.

The more you play sin now the less youll actually find the need to have a free stun for ground couter. Web cooldown also really is not that big of a deal. You just have to ground game them after the aerial. Not like thats gonna prevent you from doing a combo. Web mostly was just a convinient easy mode combo thing and a good way to stall against some classes (like fm). But its not really all that necessary.

So all in all the recent nerfs look worse than they actually are. You can still 100-0 classes, even soul fighters. So i dont even get why people say sins 100-0 combo is 'gone'. You kinda have to play c stun now though. Arguably you should have done that before too as its just so insanely strong. The only classes i dont play it against now are bd, warlock and summ. The only reason i play it against des is because you can tech chase their ss with it. Otherwise i would probably play the iframe as well (though they are more tanky than bds so im not sure). I dont think you can actually do that against any other class. You surely cannot do that against bds. Against sins also not really even though the iframe on it is kinda garbage. Against bm and kfm ofc you cant. Against summ i have not even tried it as the the iframe is too necessary i think. So well... its the only class you can do that against. If youre really lucky you can also do it against kfms as their iframe disappears when they start using a skill, like their aoe pull. Though thats mostly gambling. Its fine however as a last resort.

Archived