Latest "Creator" update for windows

MassiveEgo

Just updated my windows 10 with this creator related update and now the 64 bit BnS client won't start. It sits on the loading sprite, generates a crash report(sent it to NC if that helps) and stays like that until I force close it via TM. Strangely enough the 32 bit client works no questions asked. Anyone has any leads at to what's up with this?

[edit] Restoring system to the last restore point seems to fix the issue.

[edit2] After some cloak & dagger action around the net, I found out that this issue isn't limited to 64bit BnS client. Apparently a boat load of programs are affected negatively by the Creator Update (Anniversary update 1703). Since I use Windows 10 Home, the only possible way to stop the update from happening (and from constantly nagging you to update) is to hide the update from the updater loop by running the Windows Update Show/Hide tool.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same problem too with the 64 bit. but the 32 bit crashes ingame too usually when im using rbm lbm macro with razer synapse, also when im killing the bosses in celestial basin. i hate the 32 bit cause i HAVE to hide ALL other players or my fps goes from 60 to 10 with massive lag.  

Archived