[Proposal] Rework of Wind Summoner LMB

Realitycheck

zUfc9 ---> open image for skill overview

The problem I want to address is lack of focus sustain in wind summoner compared to earth summoner. 

First, wind summoner on every lmb+rmb loses 3 focus and recovers 1, while earth summoner loses 3 focus, recovers 1, and has a high chance to  recover additional 2 focus. That setup makes earth summoner's lmb+rmb sustainable independently of focus recovery skills management.

Meanwhile, wind summoner with its pernament -2 focus on every lmb+rmb has to follow strict rotation in order to keep his focus up. The need for focus recovery skills just to sustain normal lmb+rmb rotation makes it even harder to pull off full burst during extremely hungry petal storm toss burst. Having enough focus to get a second round of burst after using seed shroud will be just a dream.

The wind summoner focus becomes sustainable only after obtaining the trinity of: "Holy Fire badge" for additional flying nettles for focus recovery, "Enigma mystic badge" for additional focus recovery, and at least "3 chokma soul shields" for doom 'n' bloom cd reduction. Only then it makes sense to use seed shroud for additional burst. The consequence of that is that new players do not have the opportunity of learning to maximize their dps with seed shroud, because they do not have enough focus even without the seed shroud mechanic (which will, just as petal storm toss, eat through full bar of focus and then some on full burst).

It is obvious that lack of focus recovery on lmb crit makes wind summoner extremely unfriendly for new players. Therefore, I propose making "recovers 2 additional focus upon critical hit" available to wind summoners' LMB as well. That way new players will have the opportunity to learn burst mechanics at earlier levels and without having to have latest gear. 
As focus recovery does not increase the dps per se (it is not a volatile change), experienced players will have the opportunity to increase their dps through skill - increase the number of burst opportunities by using every opportunity to trigger seed shroud, and save focus recovery skills for those moments, instead of just to keep normal lmb+rmb rotation alive.

The end result of the change should be:
 1. Making wind summoner more focus friendly to new players and players without latest gear, i.e. making wind summoners viable at all without latest gear.
2. Raising the PVE summoner skill bar - instead of focus being just on keeping the lmb+rmb alive, focus will be on maximizing number of burst opportunities.
3. It will not affect PVP summoner.

I would like to hear your opinions,

That might sound weird but i dont want wind summoner to become focus friendly. Players who prefers easy play can keep using earth build. But in this way wind summoner is quite challenging. It needs rotation, gear and brain and more fun to play with. That change you're talking about made this class boring in my opinion. I worked so hard to understand that rotation and still working so hard to getting badges and bt items. And it's fun!

I can understand your feeling of wanting to keep to yourself the achievement of knowing how to play the wind sum, but in the long run it may become fool's pride, because earth summoner is supposedly gonna be stronger later anyway. Then, if wind summ is hard to play and does less dmg than easy to play earth summoner, what's the point of wind summoner?

The difference between a geared skilled and geared unskilled wind summoner will still be there, it won't go away - "will you get in that melee and trigger 2-3 shrouds before next petal storm toss or will you not". The whole point of leveling is learning to play, and if I want to learn wind and wind summoner's skillset doesn't allow for that without latest gear, then it needs rework.

What i tried to say is not the "pride" or "the achievement of knowing how to play wind sum". I find wind summoner fun to play like this. I dont care which build is powerful. Earth is boring and i dont want wind to become boring too. And just wanted you to know i played wind without gear and still i dont have enough gear to play it but i will play wind no matter what. You can call it being fool or whatever you want. And nearly every class has "hardcore element" build which needs high gear to play fully potential.

Archived