Feeling Stuck on Foundry

J2Xcentric

I'm looking for any helpful info on what I can do to improve my effectiveness in Naryu Foundry. I follow the mechanics and can get past the first 2 bosses without much issue yet I feel like my contributions are lacking specifically on the final boss. Apart from the occasional HM store outfit I consider myself a f2p player. My current AP is 744. Gear breakdown can be seen here https://bnstree.com/character/na?c=Lexxa

Really need those damn Forging Orbs. >.<

I feel like I can't be expected to tank either due to lack of damage, threat, or the ability to survive a sustained barrage of attacks. Heck it may be that I simply don't have the experience to make it work. As far as driving goes I definitely don't have the experience to pull that off (if such a thing is considered viable for Destroyers.) Going cross-server to run a 6-man has been...trying. Also it is difficult to find pugs with the patience to stay past a wipe or two for that learning curve. I expect that some will reply with "Get a clan run!", and yes that was effective back when we had that damage boost event. Yet asking in clan chat these days has been met with silence. Starting to feel left behind as some of them head off to do 24-man Spire.

So now I ask my fellow Destroyers (or anyone that looks at this post): How do I get past this hump?

31 minutes ago, J2Xcentric said:

So now I ask my fellow Destroyers (or anyone that looks at this post): How do I get past this hump?

Sorry to say but as you expected, the best way to pass this hump is running with friends that are willing to carry you. Destroyers are basically a dead weight in Foundry as they can't tank, they can't grab and they can't contribute to any of the important mechanics of the dungeon except for driving at the last boss. If you can't drive, well, your role would come down to applying your "epic" 9k DPS on bosses.

Looking at your gear, though, you have pretty low crit rate and crit damage for a 700+ Destroyer. If you don't have enough flowers for MSP 6-7-8, replace your Citadel pieces for Tomb pieces for more crit damage. Although it can be pretty expensive, try to invest in your Soul until stage 5-6, again, for the crit damage boost it gives you. Lastly, I can't see if your pieces are fused or not, but try to fuse as much as possible to try and pass the 55% crit rate mark. 

Now, I'm not saying that will make you more useful in Foundry but maybe people will be more willing to carry you if they see that you're on the right path with gearing up.

You can grab Acrimor, I personally volunteer to drive most runs, because I don't like to rely on other people, also because of how fast destroyers can get around. You have nothing to worry about with your 400/500% defense spin.  You can also leap/charge in to stun or grab when available.  You should be fine to tank if you spec your kick for threat.

3 hours ago, J2Xcentric said:

I feel like I can't be expected to tank either due to lack of damage, threat, or the ability to survive a sustained barrage of attacks. Heck it may be that I simply don't have the experience to make it work

Destroyer is 100% the most survivable class in the game, we have more life leach than any other class and a 400/500% defense spin that can be used with no cooldown.

Destroyers are very good drivers since you have a Tab spec with 60% movement speed. Destroyers can't die (shouldn't at least) in NF because of their survivability. Destroyer damage is low until BT8 set and raven weapon then they can do near top DPS - At the moment I'm doing 80k+ DPS with shadow build with raven stage 3, bt 8 set and awakened soul.

I'd say learn to drive since driving is a useful skill. Do it with friends/a clan who wants to learn. Also, destroyers can tank acromir. The boss itself just stays in one spot the entire time until he jumps. First jump is on the farthest away (usually range), 2nd jump goes on the aggro holder. Kick taunt before he does the 2nd jump and keep him in the middle. Thats it for tanking.

Switch Bracelet for Pinnacle. Hopefully get Earth earring soon from EC. Keep doin that MSP for 6,7,8 of MSP shields. This should be pretty self explanatory. There isnt much you could do, unless you wanna do your soul or pet aura. But that's up to you. Id say Stg 6 soul at this point.

Archived