How does KFM deal with multiple mobs while leveling?

Atroika

I just started a KFM and I actually rather enjoy the class so far (level 17 or so). I heard lots about how hard it is but to be honest, at least thus far, the responsiveness of the counter actually makes it feel easier than some other classes. That said, how does one deal with fighting more than two mobs at a time? The counter only seems to work against one attack, and there doesn't seem to be any priority given to what attack is blocked, I've tried to counter a power attack from one mob only for to be wasted by another mobs auto attack that landed at the same time. Is there a talent tree path I should take while leveling to help with this? KFM is actually starting to become one of the harder classes to level not because it's mechanics are difficult but simply because I don't seem to have the tools to deal with incoming damage from multiple enemies.

On a related note; Is it possible to solo Pokey  without majorly over leveling him? I seem completely helpless against his adds.

it is very easy to kill pokey as kfm.

All you need is spec your "swift strike" (ability 2) to tiger strike (stage 3 tier 3). So your 2 becomes spamable aoe ability which triggers also "Pivot kick" or "Hellfire kick" (ability 4). This makes you gain 10% hp back when you do damage and deals big amount of aoe damage which you want. This works vs Pokey too.

GdQG7WZ.jpg

KFM has a lot of AoE utility, but you usually need to spec for it.

At lvl 17, you only have 3 points so doing the Tiger strike heal uses all of them up already. Of course it will probably work, but personally I would go with 1 point into Counter and two into Iron Shoulder Stage 4. You just circle Pokey (important since all his attacks are somewhat slow and most are only to the front) and attack, and when the adds appear you increase your defense value with counter and kill them with iron shoulder.  This will get even better with lvl 18 when Pivot Kick becomes available as a follow up.

Later on, very soon really, you will have many more options to spec for good AoE and actually due to long Q/E iframes and spammable counters KFM can perform amazingly well in crowded dungeons.

Archived