Make Y the key for Restraint skill

Alysha Hawkeye

Reasons:

-For some classes, there are skills that they want to use off-cooldown, but have the Restraint skills get in the way. For example, Earth-build Summoner would want to throw their Nettle as soon as it becomes available. FM would want to throw Dual Dragon immediately when the condition meets. Especially during Soulburn, where you want to use a normal rotation instead of Restrain skill, in case some BD/Des decides to grab and waste their own DPS.

-Y is the button for confirmation, which is absolutely has no relation with the combat. The only case it would interfere is when someone loots items in-combat. However, this should be only limited to Naryu Labyrinth where people loot for pieces mid-combat. Other instances would have no similar trouble, since there are no loot/only trash loot. Even if they do, it is not like grabbers would grab every single thing they encounter for you to get mis-press the Y button that often.

-In KR, we have new Ultimate skills that are bounded to G and B, so I believe it is possible for Restraint skill to be bound to Y too.

Let players to choose what they want to use instead of shoe-horned them into Restrain skill.

In KR what is the restrain key? 

But the wl shouldn't be soulburning while the target is restrained or des/bd shouldn't be restraining a target when you are soulburned unless its like the last second when the skills are about to be done because as you mentioned it's a major waste lol.

1 hour ago, XO said:

In KR what is the restrain key? 

But the wl shouldn't be soulburning while the target is restrained or des/bd shouldn't be restraining a target when you are soulburned unless its like the last second when the skills are about to be done because as you mentioned it's a major waste lol.

They can always add things later. The fact that they give new buttons to Ultimate skills means this is actually possible. It it is just whether NCSoft is willing or not.

Also, FM is a case where their restrain button skill used to be 3, which is often the reason why FM misclick their Glacial Beam if they spam the button and the Restraint end. So they switch it to F instead.

And, it is not often the WL's fault. Some Des/BD believes that Soulburn+Grab = powerhouse, and they progress so when Soulburn resets the their CC and Grab.

1 hour ago, Kaida Hoshi said:

on a FM, if you are pressing anything other than 2 during soulburn, you are doing it wrong lol

You forget throwing a C first.

12 hours ago, Alysha Hawkeye said:

They can always add things later. The fact that they give new buttons to Ultimate skills means this is actually possible. It it is just whether NCSoft is willing or not.

Also, FM is a case where their restrain button skill used to be 3, which is often the reason why FM misclick their Glacial Beam if they spam the button and the Restraint end. So they switch it to F instead.

And, it is not often the WL's fault. Some Des/BD believes that Soulburn+Grab = powerhouse, and they progress so when Soulburn resets the their CC and Grab.

Oh okay! I was just curious if their key was different. I like the idea of a key just for restrain because than it'd be universal on all classes instead of having some with the F key, others with 2, and some with lmb or whatever. At the same time though y seems like a weird key D: but probably bc I'm not used to having it keyed to anything.

Yes, I have an fm and remember how annoying that was lol.

But s: sometimes it's the warlocks fault because there are a few who will soulburn at really bad times like they don't care about their timing or anything they just soulburn to soulburn....and that irks me lol but clearly there's different play styles. Which I guess shows at des/bd who think that's a good combo when it really isn't? It makes me wonder if they even understand the skills at all lol (but again, different play styles). 

13 hours ago, Kaida Hoshi said:

on a FM, if you are pressing anything other than 2 during soulburn, you are doing it wrong lol

This is true but....2 during soulburn is powerful and F during restraint is also powerful so having them available at both times seems like a big damage waste x:

On the other hand i have my 'z' skill bind to y cuz my keyboard have yxcv order not zxcv (funny how theres more than just english keyboard right -.-).

But then again i hate that we have many of same skill on same keybind (f on des is cluster❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ since we have grab, knee and master cleave on it, how many times i grabbed when i wanted to master cleave (icon for master cleave was on but classes with double cc sometimes ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ me up in the right second))

Another bad thing is that we cant really rebind confirmation button either (ex: slashimi is dead some nerd picks loot while fighting adds and u bid instead of kd add, naryu labby also similar with double bosses. thx god later on this doesnt happen much but it would be a great to be able to rebind everything .-.)

Archived