An idea for 6v6 arena...

SkFy

***WARNING! WALL OF TEXT AHEAD!***

didn't mean to do a 'wall of txt' but it just happened, sorry D:

not gonna bother read all the posts here I just read the first few...

and some1 was QQing bout galaxy frags and how hard it is to get galaxy wep... lol

well ~ I got the first 3 pieces of the pvp soulshield for my bd before she even been @ bg o.O

some of it got via zen beans exchange on my bd some mailed from my other toons to her since it's acc~bound.

bg shouldn't b easy like arena where it's all balanced...

and the funny thing is even thou arena IS balanced... vs certain players it's WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY harder to some coz of the hm lv diffs + hm skills that sometimes are still useable vs u even thou u have NO HM SKILLS WHATSOEVER and the extra skill points the high hm pps have is just gonna make it harder for u coz skill points makes a HUGE diff for some classes ! -.-

and back to the reason I respond with this post lol ~

galaxy wep and soulshield.... well... it shouldn't b so easy to farm coz as I learned on bns... (sorta the hard way :\ ) NOTHING IS FREE ! and if you wanna get better you need practice hardcore style ! spar with friends, random folks @ arena lobby ! anythin XD ! that's for 1 lol

2nd way ~ farm galaxy frags and ornaments... lol

sure it's not fun, not easy... surely not cheap lol with the trove it might b easier to some if u go "whale mode" and raid the cashop for keys lol

idk how much crit def u need these days to actually get a serious damage reduction done to you +since don't have yet full soulshield idk how much crit def it gives you either.. o.0

and ye 6v6 is VERY hardcore and is NOT for the softies if you a carebear and only there for the daily in hope to get soulstones/stingers/moonstones or any other mat... you better pray to all the possible gods for assistance coz these days 6v6 is brutal ! xD

I've seen people with 850+ap.. in fact 800~900ap becomes quite common to some... and I bet these high ap fellas goes bg just for the kicks and bullies newbies just because they like feel powerful lol

I remember back when I was maining a scummoner I'd go bg and some days I felt like I was my pty's savior while they all get murdered in there XD feeling powerful is addictive *_*

as much as I'd prolly hate bg too when I'll start go there to farm for daily + achievements and mats coz she's nowhere near the 700+ ap bullies in there in states lol

bg should remain unbalanced gearwise x.x

I would like however... to get the search system for team membs smarter while recruiting ! even thou idk exactly how the 6v6 is like these days coz was on a few months break from bns... I'm pretty sure this still the same ~ instead getting 3 (or more) of the SAME CLASS  in each team... make the system smarter so each team will have at max' 2 of ONE class and rest the team to be 1 of each class instead 2x of each or for example idk 2 bd 3 destroyer and 1 random class... or 3x 3x because I DID get before a team full of scummoners or was a 4~5 scummoners a bd and a wl something horrific like that... and it was a nightmare -_-

so the team should b 1 double of certain class while the rest of your team is 1 of each :o maybe I'd b ok with having 2 doubles or even 3 but not lets say 3 or more of same class coz that's just a killer -.- if not a killer in "team spirit" coz you see more than 3 of a certain class that you bad vs it or even if every1 of the other team are like hm10+++++ to some it will b like a total mood killer and they'd go like "omg we SO *cricket* up" XD (I'm 1 of those :D )

I know tactics and "teamwork" helps... some folks thou if they really highly geared they can wipe a whole team no sweat and they just go solo without caring for their teamates.. lol

so ye maybe some people would like to have the system bit diff and bit more like arena~balance.. but to others who are already well geared high hm got all their hm skills etc etc... they don't really care bout balance coz they already "top notch" lol others will always QQ bout 6v6... and ye sometimes you get really shitty teams who doesn't listen or go by any sort of tactics and ended up wiped... and sometimes you vs a team full of 750+++++ ap bunch and you get 1 shotted lol but it's pvp and pvp isn't suppose to b a "pretty sight" or "easy peasy" it's bout learning how to use ur skills right, gear is important and if pvp would b easy... then it would just drive out the hardcore pvp~lovers off bns and I won't blame em lol

only system I'd change is recruiting more than 2 of same class in your team coz that's just *cricket* up. it should remain unbalanced in gears.

soz bout wall of txt :c

One funny thing is, due to diminishing returns I guess, that at the top level players' techniqual skill starts to matter more again. Since it's so expensive to get any stronger gear wise, the differences start to level out at the 150k HP+ level, and you really notice how some players are good at what they do and others are just, let's say, experienced (I am one of the latter). 

Despite the obvious disadvantages of a non-equalized battlefield, I see two advantages:

1) The gear grind wall prevents the rankings from getting flooded by alts. In 1v1, my best rankings are in the 300s. In 6v6 - top 40. I am pretty sure that most of that difference is due to the fact that good PvPers will just have 3-8 alts they also PvP with, and a platinum main will have a lot of gold alts that are better than me on my main. In 6v6, those are gone.

2) New rules,  new environments, new effects. The ability to play around with skill balance using badges, different weapon choices, different SS fusions, all make it more complex and thus more intriguing to get into. Focus replenishment allows me to do combos I could not sustain in 1v1, galaxy and pet heals give a different weight to burst damage and team-play and so on.

Archived