Game won't launch at 64 bit even now

Braio

From the day the 64 bit client was released, I couldn't play the 64 bit client- after the normal file check, the splash art doesn't even appear - game first shows on task manager but after a few seconds it is gone .I Have a good setup (16gb ram, i5 6500, r9 390), running 64 bit windows 10 enterprise. Tried even clean reinstalling everything but nothing helps. 

Compatibility changed gives me the game working with a cap of 30 fps.

Added exceptions to antivirus and firewall for the 2 game clients - both 32 and 64 bit + launcher - nothing.

Running game as admin won't work either.

Reinstalled the game to no avail, repaired - nothing.

Made another windows user account - nothing

downloaded the  nc launcher setup and try to update the launcher - nothing

Did anyone manage to solve this? Maybe i was doing something wrong?

After 23 emails of conversation with the support, I guess they just gave up and basically answered my problem of not being able to run the game with 64 bit client with - run the game with 32 bit client.

Hopeless guy, send help please

Same problem here altho I do not kno if we share teh same cause. For me, in event viewer, the client crashes when it fails to access the ntdll.dll file on my system (8.1)  I've learned about this error through hours of searches on the internet and found this guide:

https://www.infopackets.com/news/9805/how-fix-ntdlldll-error-definitive-guide

Its not exactly helpful for me because I have run every maintanence task there is (basically did all that you did and some extra) and I so far have gotten the same error. I am clean reinstalling right now (3rd time I think/6times reinstalling in general) and hope I will be able to run the client.

Of note, when I ran sfc/scannow and dism.exe they both detected and repaired all errors. So that gives me hope that at least the ntdll.dll file is not corrupted.

In my case, I HAVE gotten the 64bit client to run w/o compatibility settings twice with HD performance. No idea why or how. Just randomly worked two days. Everything else was deplorable performance or failure to launch due to the ntdll.dll error.  Support has been very patient and helpful for me in terms of troubleshooting but unfortunately they also cannot figure out such a specific solution to this error.

[This is the error report I have]

Faulting application name: Client.exe, version: 0.0.206.6339, time stamp: 0x588740ab
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 6.3.9600.18438, time stamp: 0x57ae642e
Exception code: 0xc0000374
Fault offset: 0x00000000000f1b70
Faulting process id: 0x90
Faulting application start time: 0x01d2875400475227
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\NCSOFT\BnS\bin64\Client.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Report Id: 40b3fdbc-f347-11e6-828a-bc8ccdac0ac6
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

6 hours ago, RyuueLaview said:

Same problem here altho I do not kno if we share teh same cause. For me, in event viewer, the client crashes when it fails to access the ntdll.dll file on my system (8.1)  I've learned about this error through hours of searches on the internet and found this guide:

https://www.infopackets.com/news/9805/how-fix-ntdlldll-error-definitive-guide

Its not exactly helpful for me because I have run every maintanence task there is (basically did all that you did and some extra) and I so far have gotten the same error. I am clean reinstalling right now (3rd time I think/6times reinstalling in general) and hope I will be able to run the client.

Of note, when I ran sfc/scannow and dism.exe they both detected and repaired all errors. So that gives me hope that at least the ntdll.dll file is not corrupted.

In my case, I HAVE gotten the 64bit client to run w/o compatibility settings twice with HD performance. No idea why or how. Just randomly worked two days. Everything else was deplorable performance or failure to launch due to the ntdll.dll error.  Support has been very patient and helpful for me in terms of troubleshooting but unfortunately they also cannot figure out such a specific solution to this error.

[This is the error report I have]

Faulting application name: Client.exe, version: 0.0.206.6339, time stamp: 0x588740ab
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 6.3.9600.18438, time stamp: 0x57ae642e
Exception code: 0xc0000374
Fault offset: 0x00000000000f1b70
Faulting process id: 0x90
Faulting application start time: 0x01d2875400475227
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\NCSOFT\BnS\bin64\Client.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Report Id: 40b3fdbc-f347-11e6-828a-bc8ccdac0ac6
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

For me I didn't see any error at all. And tbh, yea, I did get to run the 64 bit client somehow and I too got hd performance.

I don't think I had your problem cuz I have never had a problem with that dll file.

It was explained to me that the 0x57 error is the kind where a program has issues with switching to 64bit from 32bit. I have done hours if not days of research on this issue and eventually had to refresh windows because I don't actually know what I'm doing.  When I was finally told about this kind of error I thot, "what if deleting the 32bit bin folder will help the client sort itself out?" and I was RIGHT! I FINALLY got the 64bit client running instead of terminating.

I REALLY hopes this helps someone.

On 18.2.2017 at 3:03 AM, RyuueLaview said:

It was explained to me that the 0x57 error is the kind where a program has issues with switching to 64bit from 32bit. I have done hours if not days of research on this issue and eventually had to refresh windows because I don't actually know what I'm doing.  When I was finally told about this kind of error I thot, "what if deleting the 32bit bin folder will help the client sort itself out?" and I was RIGHT! I FINALLY got the 64bit client running instead of terminating.

I REALLY hopes this helps someone.

Didn't help me :\

thx for trying tho :(

20 hours ago, Braio said:

Didn't help me :\

thx for trying tho :(

You probably alrdy tried but, hav u done a full reinstall from scratch? Then you can try deleting the bin folder to see if the client will sort itself out. Everything in the internet about ntdll.dll files say the same thing or have fixes very specific to the errors of those programs. 

I did a pc refresh eventually which may have been the first step to fixing my problem. My windows ntdll.dll might hav been corrupted.

Archived