GameGuard fixed, but still no GameGuard on my PC

Space Jesus

Hi, I've read that GameGuard has been disabled and then, fixed. (topic 225859)

Disabled, ok, but now, after this hotfix, GameGuard doesn't start at all (no splashscreen, no update, no GameMon attached). My client.exe is visible and I could do everything I want with it.

Is that normal? Is that the hotfix?

The working way of the latest GameGuard for 64-bit client was great by hiding the process. That limited some macro, scripts or speedhack users (and ACT users, but I deal with it).

Windows 10 64-bit (latest update, no antivirus)

Using 64-bit version of the game

EMET installed

Dokumo servers (FR)

51 minutes ago, Space Jesus said:

Hi, I've read that GameGuard has been disabled and then, fixed. (topic 225859)

Disabled, ok, but now, after this hotfix, GameGuard doesn't start at all (no splashscreen, no update, no GameMon attached). My client.exe is visible and I could do everything I want with it.

Is that normal? Is that the hotfix?

The working way of the latest GameGuard for 64-bit client was great by hiding the process. That limited some macro, scripts or speedhack users (and ACT users, but I deal with it).

Windows 10 64-bit (latest update, no antivirus)

Using 64-bit version of the game

EMET installed

Dokumo servers (FR)

read here :) https://support.bladeandsoul.com/hc/en-us/articles/207195096-GameGuard-Errors or open a ticket ...

As an aside, hiding the process is NOT a good thing; it's good to see the game process listed properly again. You can read a lot of other bug threads here about users having problems with the game because the process was hidden (e.g. can't stream because no process to target, can't kill frozen/hung instances of the game so the game can't be restarted due to client already running errors, system resources permanently blocked for the same reason, input software like mouse/keyboard controllers not working anymore, etc.). Fighting script/macro users can and should be done in ways that don't violate basic programming conventions and don't hurt the regular user base.

I don't want to discuss about the working way of GameGuard, but that it has been disabled on my PC, even after been cleaned, updated, checked by NCLauncher and GameGuard itself.

My friends have GameGuard enabled, working side-by-side with the client. I just don't understand why GameGuard is simply disabled on my PC and why NC support seems to not care about this :/ If my GameGuard is simply disabled, I think that others players have this particularity too...

I will open a ticket for more investigation. Maybe they don't want to do it on this forum.

EDIT: Ticket opened, screenshot of evidences sent.

EDIT2: My friends don't have GameGuard activated anymore.

Archived