Match according to your game level

Th3J4vi3r

Actually the pvp pairing is a real shit as they give you a mission in level 30 to go to pvp and you are matched with a 50 hm10, that has a lot more skill is your character more experience and much more skill I do not know what they were thinking about doing A pairing of that type a pairing should be according to your level of experience in the game, for that reason many are bored of the game and they leave or simply mind do not participate in pvp and their service is pessimistic in pvp.

Level is not really THAT big of an issue as you can make max level within a day. It still takes a day though, so its annoying af. Still, do you expect there to be enough players to match your level when leveling is this quick? Sure, its still tedious when you have to do it 9 chars to get everything to "just" max level hm1, but its fast enough that people are not stuck at certain levels thus they do not que at a low level. Even pure pvp players wont usually level up threw pvp as they get pissed off by not having x skill to use. I find this even worse on alts once i understand the game somewhat, because then you can not try xyz thing on your alt, witch might be the main reason you think the class is op/good/worth having an alt of.

So... ofc its not perfect to not be able to have somewhat balanced matches on your low level chars and level up this way, but ncsoft does not really have too many ways to fix this, other than giving some *insane* buff to the arena exp to the point where probably even pure pve players might join 1v1/3v3 to level up their alts, because they dont want to do the same thing for leveling for every single of their alts.

And i really dont object that id love if they would do this (does not have to grant hm exp, just a redicolous amount of normal exp to get max level), but i dont have any expectations of ncsoft actually doing it. And because arena exp rewards are sh*t and low lvl pvp is basically completely broken i wont have a lot of alts ever. (not only you dont have your skills and points, your ccs are also magically getting a duration cut, just because your opponents level is much higher than yours, witch should be fixed regardless imo, because its retarded and nothing ever tells you about this "special mechanic").

But there still is some sort of system that tries to have you matched against easier opponents if your level is low. And it actually suceeds. Its the main reason some players sometimes have level 46 sins/kfms (just something that can sort of "work" without hm skills and not too many points) and still make it into top5 just fine, because they just get sh*tty opponents all the time. Sure, their opponents are likely also max level hm10 or so, but then his rating is like 100+ points below the "low level" char. And your ccs at this point also dont decrease anymore for it to be very noticeable, except youre EXTREMELY used to your class on max level already.

Overall the elo system is much better at pairing you with equal challenges than any system that presumes lvl / skill point advantages to be the main factor. Down that road lies PvP griefing, when a PvP exprienced player uses a low level alt to constantly massacre newbies. :(

They actually tried to help low level players by letting their elo rise more slowly on wins, helping them to stay in the easier bronze / low silver range for longer. But in the end, only sparring will help you practice efficiently at low level in my experience.

Probably the only way to avoid these lvl 30 vs HM10 experiences would be to make entry level lvl 50, but that's throwing the baby out with the bathwater...

Archived