Latency (resource monitor)

Sakurasou

Hello, so look at the picture below. Why are there 4 client.exe for one game with varying latency? Which one effects my in-game speed more? I presume the one with the highest number?  

aIM3oUG.png 

I am currently located in Washington state. (p.s does WTFast actually help at all?)

Game uses few servers for different things (auth, game, chat). Thats why you see 4 entries. You need to know which one is a game server. I dont know and have no idea how to determine. You can see latency in game if you enable "server delay" in options - game - interface. But this works only when you use skills.

There are some really good reddit posts about this. Ill dig around later and see if I can find it.

But ya its normal. different features like chat, pvp, going f8, etc all use a different client connection. Its really useful for diagnosing ping issues.

When in f8 the one with the most action going on is the ip you want to use for testing in winmtr or pingplotter. Generally if you want to test they will give you a generic ip. This way uses the actual servers you are connecting with to diagnose the issues.

Based on a lot of users results 90% of the time lags and delay is a server-side issue and nothing can be done from the users end.

Hope this helps

Archived