Legendary Weapon slots via upgrade?

silentshou

How do extra slots from upgrading work? Is it like A or B below?

A. Roll a random number from 3-6 and grant slots up to that number. For example, when 5 is rolled when you are at 3, you gain 2 slots from 3 -> 5, but when 5 is rolled when you are at 4, you gain 1 slot from 4 -> 5. Doesn't lose slots when lower numbers are rolled.

B. Roll the number of slots to be added, so the slots are added on top of the existing. For example, 1 is rolled while you are at 4, so you gain 1 and go from 4 -> 5. If 2 is rolled while you are at 4, you gain 2 extra and go from 4 -> 6.

I ask because it would make a huge difference whether or not to use Legendary Gem Hammers to upgrade at the lower levels. If A is true, it's not worth using LegHam on 3 -> 4 because the slots are not added on top, but change to the number if the number is greater. If B is true, then it's worth using LegHam on 3 -> 4 because it's cheaper at low levels, and slots will be added on top of existing.

16 hours ago, KurooSakura said:

Afaik it only increases slots. But ther is also a chance that you won't get any slots at all, you could be Stage 6 with 3 slots as well 

I'm sorry, but that does not answer my question at all.

If you would please read my post carefully, both situations A and B allows for slot increase (no decrease), but they are calculated differently.

Could you please read it again?

From dev comments on stream it sounds as if it's A.

Also makes more sense as this makes it harder to transition to full 6 slots than if you have a constant chance for 1-3 extra slots each upgrade. You would be at 6 slots in no time.

if you dont get full 6 slots when you get to legendary stage 1 switch over to the other version (Seraph in my case) and then switch back to baleful, you'll get another chance at rolling all 6 slots. I did this and went from 3 slots at baleful stage 1 to 6 slots after re-rolling it. 

5 hours ago, KurooSakura said:

if you dont get full 6 slots when you get to legendary stage 1 switch over to the other version (Seraph in my case) and then switch back to baleful, you'll get another chance at rolling all 6 slots. I did this and went from 3 slots at baleful stage 1 to 6 slots after re-rolling it. 

That sounds like a good idea, but I looked at the cost and it doesn't seem worth it. 799 Ncoin for the Mirror is worth $10 USD or about 85G on the Currency Exchange, plus 100G to transform. A total of 185G could buy 7+ Legendary Gem Hammers. Transforming twice would just be obscene.

31 minutes ago, silentshou said:

That sounds like a good idea, but I looked at the cost and it doesn't seem worth it. 799 Ncoin for the Mirror is worth $10 USD or about 85G on the Currency Exchange, plus 100G to transform. A total of 185G could buy 7+ Legendary Gem Hammers. Transforming twice would just be obscene.

Slot 4 is 6 Gem hammers, 5 is around 15 and 6 is 22. 

I think its more worth to reroll, even if you only get 1 extra slot you wont lose too much. 

Archived