Game fps lags in a mid-high end pc?

Bunny Ears

So, i consider my pc ... well, from mid to high end, my specs are:

GTX 980

I5 4440

8 gb ram

And well, i installed blade and soul, was playing well at the beggining, but then, when i am rescued and get to the village, wake up and so, when i am running around, my fps would go down every... 10 or 15 seconds, its so hard to play like this, its hard to explained it, but just, im going at mora than 60 fps, and suddenly drops to 20, is it bad optimized or something? Can i fix this or... i have to play it like this?

Game has horrible optimalization. There are some tricks to make it a little better but fps drop, especially in crowdy places are common.

First, you can use true full screen (game by default is running on some kind of stretched window mode, even if You think its full screen)

You can achieve that by pressing alt+enter durring any loading screen, may be the one after selecting character and entering the game, or after windstride.

Second thing is:

potential bns fps fix

Both tricks help me with stable and playable fps at Soulstone Plains (worst fps drops area in the game)

also use ctr+F whenever You need make higher fps and don't need to see others faces : )

So that post is from February and they still haven't fixed this issue? I'm getting massive fps drops randomly in the exact same place (PvP arena for example). Going from 120 fps to 15 on a decent machine and my CPU and GPU utilization stays below 60%. OP, are you running Windows 8 by any chance? Friends with potato PC's aren't having the same issues as me on Windows 10...

It's not the game's optimization  that's the problem, I use nVidia GTX 750ti, i5 6400 and 8gb ram but the FPS never dropped. Uninstall the GEFORCE experience and don't optimize the game from there. Use the graphics settings for BnS for combat and set them to 3. Disable the rest of the added features and lower down the FPS limit to 60.

If that didn't work for you, I'd check my motherboard because I had used a way better rig than mine but had the same problem as yours. And guess what, the mobo was outdated and it didn't work well with the GPU.

22 hours ago, xxxAoi said:

It's not the game's optimization  that's the problem, I use nVidia GTX 750ti, i5 6400 and 8gb ram but the FPS never dropped. Uninstall the GEFORCE experience and don't optimize the game from there. Use the graphics settings for BnS for combat and set them to 3. Disable the rest of the added features and lower down the FPS limit to 60.

If that didn't work for you, I'd check my motherboard because I had used a way better rig than mine but had the same problem as yours. And guess what, the mobo was outdated and it didn't work well with the GPU.

It is the game's optimization. In fact, it's one of the most poorly optimized games I've ever played. You just happen to run it on a platform that has no issues. I don't use Experience, and I have zero issues in other games. Witcher 3 runs at stable 30 fps on max graphics and 1080p. Meanwhile, BnS will randomly go from 120 to 15. I play an arena match and everything is fine, butter smooth at 120 fps; next round I have 15 fps and basically give up on the fight. Meanwhile, my CPU utilization doesn't go above 50%, and that's with a lot of other programs running. When such an old game runs so poorly, it gives you insight into how much the devs care. The issues I'm having have been reported for months. From what I've been told, Windows 10 runs the game a lot better, but I'm not upgrading just for that. I've tried everything - the program Southwind posted, messing around with processor affinity, and a whole bunch of other proposed fixes. Nothing works.

On 10/10/2016 at 10:05 PM, Aloth said:

It is the game's optimization. In fact, it's one of the most poorly optimized games I've ever played. You just happen to run it on a platform that has no issues. I don't use Experience, and I have zero issues in other games. Witcher 3 runs at stable 30 fps on max graphics and 1080p. Meanwhile, BnS will randomly go from 120 to 15. I play an arena match and everything is fine, butter smooth at 120 fps; next round I have 15 fps and basically give up on the fight. Meanwhile, my CPU utilization doesn't go above 50%, and that's with a lot of other programs running. When such an old game runs so poorly, it gives you insight into how much the devs care. The issues I'm having have been reported for months. From what I've been told, Windows 10 runs the game a lot better, but I'm not upgrading just for that. I've tried everything - the program Southwind posted, messing around with processor affinity, and a whole bunch of other proposed fixes. Nothing works.

Well Blade and Soul is older than Witcher 3. The fact that it only requires DirectX 9.0c explains it. Most games nowadays require more power from the processor or graphics card alone while games like BnS can work even with lesser specs as long as the motherboard can support it. There should be a good balance between the motherboard and the GPU but this is usually not being covered at all. If you push the graphics too much but the motherboard sucks it's like you're doing cardio way more than your bones can take. Although a good mobo do not contribute to FPS, it gives stability to the processes being run.

You will notice great improvement on Windows 10 than Windows 8. The latter is buggy anyway. You will see it on every game you play so it's worth it.

Archived