Suggestion for the next community-voted outfit rotation, if there is any

Alysha Hawkeye

tl;nr: Scrap it, and use short-term sales instead.

+++

Okay, with Rough Customer, now we have another RNG-gated outfits. I guess whales don't mind it, and some lucky people get it upon a few attempts, but I don't think the rest of your player base, who either has no luxury to purchase the box, or purchase a lot of them just to get nothing from it. I suspect there will be more of such things in future.

But that is not what I want to talk about.

NCWest has already use community-vote event to select pieces of outfit to re-release them to F10 store. This can be consider a welcoming act, since you will have a chance to get the outfit you have missed before, due to lacking of finance, time to get in and buy them, or unlucky with RNG.

The problem is "you will have a chance". It also means you might not have any chance at all. NCWest only picks a handful among suggested outfits, like four out of ten. People who get their voted outfit is happy, but people don't get theirs are bitter. Personally, I love Spring Breeze, which is a RNG-gated outfit, and was glad when it was put on the vote. However, in the end, people selected something that already used to release once in the store instead, which were what I already had or dislike.

The community-voted outfits are supposed to help players to obtain the outfit they cannot get before. However, IMO, it only caters some people who like the results, while ditch other who hates the results.

Therefore, I suggest NCWest to use short-term sales instead of community-voted. For every week, there will be a 3-day-on-sale outfit, added after maintenance time.

Reasons:

-Short-term items tend to attract buyers and urge they spend their money, since it is only available for a short time.

-Players will feel excited after each maintenance day when they know there might be an outfit that they miss before being put on sales. This somewhat helps to alleviate the bitter of having their games down for 2-5 hours for maintenance.

-Three days are often enough to gather HM coins to buy the thing. If they cannot, players may spend real money on it, thus income for NCWest.

-NCWest has extra profit from these short-term sales along with 2-week rotation and permanent/long-term rotation.

I am not sure what is the best way to go about it but I am all for seeing a larger selection of outfits being made available. I am for putting outfits back into rotation again after they have cycled out. I would like to see a system where players have a chance at every outfit the game has to offer regardless of when they started playing. I think it would be best for players if costumes never rotated out at all so that once made available they always are from that point on. I mean the game has a billion of them anyway it would take quite some time before they ran out of the existing ones at which point they could just design more.

Archived