Please help me choose a starting character

KpopFanboy

I wanted to make a mage type character before I had taken a break I had a level 30 kfm and now I deleted him and wanted to make another char

I wanted good damage and nice aoe for soloing mobs etc I'm thinking about making a warlock but I'm unsure cuz I'm hearing people say he isn't that good

and that force master is better at dpsing etc also I'm still taking melee characters into my decision such as the soul fighter

I was looking at if I should make an assassin since they have good dps too

Oh yeah and I wanted to add I also wanted a class that isn't difficult to gear up etc endgame

Gearing up is the same difficulty for all of them, I think you should be fine for WL and FM equally if it's just PvE. Go with what playstyle seems to fit you more. SF and FM you have to manage stances, on WL you manage your thrall or rather your skill cooldowns. Hard to give you helpful advise as I am ore of a melee player so far and the only ranged I played was summoner (a little). ^_^

sin is awesome for solo...

if it's just pve you after

then I suggest sin or force master.

I currently main a summoner because wasn't feeling too comfortable with my sin, and it was getting boring staying in stealth all the time for high dps :\

also - for hm skills sin requires more hm skills than summoner. summoner requires less skill in pvp (I'm very pvp-focused player) and with sin it seems I still got much to learn lol

as for pve - force master has lots of defensive skills for you and your party, they very useful. if you have no lag issues then they very easy to play, VERY HIGH dps, really easy in pvp, takes time to master vs certain classes, but vs most they really easy lol as for their hm skills I have no idea :o

bout warlock.. I played as wl for a while back when they were released... it's not my cup of tea in terms of playstyle it's worse than summoner -.- not many skills to work with, pvp and pve looks almost the same... you use same combos for both pvp and pve lol just diff skill stages lol they high dps.... not sure if same as force master but in terms of evasive moves I think a force master has more ways to avoid getting hit than a wl.

as sin thou you can solo certain dngs easy just stay hidden and you can easy farm stuff. sin takes more skill to master thou, their dps is lower than a fm or a wl but easier to avoid WDF situations sometimes lol I noticed on my sin after certain number of evasion bosses can't pull me out of stealth even if I'm standing at their face and they do their skills lol (as long as it's not red skill o.O) and unlike in the past they can aoe now easily (bombard skill, really good dmg ! )

I personally don't like force master much.. never was into "magic" classes, always liked more pet classes (like tamer for example in some games..) and assassin is 1 of my fav pvp classes just takes longer to master in pvp which is ok (I'm not really into "perma stealth in arena and stalling time to win a match by throwing poisons at a player and go back to hide... that's just lame -.- )

you should try the classes you interested in for the first 20~30 lvs and see which 1 you like better and then decide, we can't make that decision for you :)

Archived