Haven't played for months, need help.

Panaino

Just came back to the game today, feeling a bit overwhelmed. I'm at 45 HM5 using awaken pirate weapon (at +4 only), haven't played since the expansion came out.

How do I catch up to the current content in term of equipment? Especially trying to upgrade my equipment, but the pace feels just as slow as before the expansion.

Is there a guide or perhaps someone would like to help by letting me in on the secret of how they upgrade faster?

First, do the main story line quests. Once you're done with them you should be level 50 & able to do all of the latest dungeons.

Then do the daily quests (4 quests out of 5 proposed), they'll give you nice rewards.

Then do the daily heroic dungeons (Necro, Lair, Yeti, Nexus, Cold Storage, Heaven's Mandate etc)

Repeat every day and you should slowly accumulate gold / materials who will allow you to upgrade your gear.

However there's no magic formula to go in on instant from lvl 45 hm 5 to lvl 50 hm 12, this is a grind game, if you want to get good gear you'll have to earn it. (or you could buy gold with real money & get over 700 ap)

To get gold you could also get 4 jobs in game (there are herbalists, alchemists, cooks etc)  and craft items you can sell on the market.

You can also farm soul stones in soul stone plains but I'd recommend it only if you have a very great pc & internet or if you're able to play around 3-4 am.

Or you can farm shattered masts and its silverfrost seeds to craft chests who give nice rewards, but all of the options above first require you to finish the main story line quests & to have at least 480-500 ap

Once you have enough ap (550-600) you can try 4 man dungeons who give better rewards, but for now focus on 6 man dungeons.

The gear upgrade paths changed but I think you still need warrior's tokens to upgrade your gear, you can farm both mushin's tower & naryu labyrinth to get those, though mushin's tower is better to get those tokens.

Yes, you have to do Mushin Floor 2 (for Silver deva weapon) and Floor 7 (for warrior weapon).  Attention, you dont get on every run weaponboxes.

Otherwise, you farm marks from the tower to buy from a vendor for 100 the silver deva weapon and for 200 the warrior weapon.

Edit: like Ip Kai have mentioned, you can change the weapon upgrade path. For mor details read this page:

http://www.bladeandsoul.com/en/news/silverfrost-weapon-cost-changes/

Played around for 2 days and realised something...

Either the game changed drastically or my old gears are too outdated. The side quests are nearly impossible for me to solo now, all I can do is main quest with the junk I have from pre-silverfrost patch. Is this normal?

7 minutes ago, Panaino said:

Played around for 2 days and realised something...

Either the game changed drastically or my old gears are too outdated. The side quests are nearly impossible for me to solo now, all I can do is main quest with the junk I have from pre-silverfrost patch. Is this normal?

What side quests are you talking about?

1 hour ago, Napping said:

What side quests are you talking about?

90% of side quests I run into are 6-men quests. I usually pick up all the side quest when I do my main story quest, but the silverfrost side quests asks me to kill things that are Lv50HM1.

9 minutes ago, Panaino said:

90% of side quests I run into are 6-men quests. I usually pick up all the side quest when I do my main story quest, but the silverfrost side quests asks me to kill things that are Lv50HM1.

Yea, those side quests are difficult and are meant to introduce you to the difficult dungeons. I had them on my quest journal uncompleted for quite a long time before I was able to complete them. But I think you should be able to clear them easily with a party of 6, except for the ones in Sogun's Lament.

I was able to successfully run 6-man Sundered Nexus with my alt BM at level 48 and 400 AP; I didn't even spend a dragon heart.

On 8/23/2016 at 9:35 PM, Panaino said:

those are 24 man dungeon quests. they difficult and should do after you hit level 50 HM 1.

these are the 24 man dungeons and their locations are little bit messy

plog sanctum

zaiwei ruins

beastbog

frostscale basin

Archived