What to do, oh what to do?

DomiSotto

Ah, what I want to do is play my lowbie toon, farming for costumes and not sweating it. But what little experience I have with the MMO screams at me to grind, and salt away mats and gold to jump the main a couple of tiers after next update. 

i am really enjoying the no pressure gaming, but the game is giving me a nudge to keep up and start learning the stuff I shied away from.

I have to say, I'm starting to admire nc soft for keeping the game dynamic and pushing. It's like they know I was going to spend a few hours unproductively killing blackram on Songhu island instead of sweating buckets in Gloomdross. 

I know nc soft gets a lot of flack, but, damn, those guys have a genius. An Evil genius maybe, heh.

While I can't speak for the 4 mans (only done a few of those) having done all the dungeons now, except for Lament, on my SF (my WL never did Lament or Nexus) the 6 mans aren't as hard as people seem to have made them out to be.

Some mechanics to remember, but not super difficult ones.  Out of all of them so far (not counting Lament) I find Avalanche Den to be the hardest (the ice stage) and more people just wishing to power on through more than anything else (which I can understand...having been on a team where I was the lowest and the rest where like ranging from 590-690...OMG! O.O  Things melted!).

31 minutes ago, Brand X said:

While I can't speak for the 4 mans (only done a few of those) having done all the dungeons now, except for Lament, on my SF (my WL never did Lament or Nexus) the 6 mans aren't as hard as people seem to have made them out to be.

I've actually been through a run of each dungeon in the game with the exception of the ebon hall and shattered masts. 

Save for sogun that just paralyzed me, I find them them very interesting in a group that is in no hurry, has no problems with wiping a couple of times on each boss, and does not rely on me to do cc's. I am happy to kite, bait, I-frame, position, but cc... No.

and my impression from all the pugs I did during the Daily Challenge on Steroids is that everyone is pretty much like me. Hopes that someone else knows how to cc and we can just stay out of stupid or step on smart, whatever the case might be.

10 minutes ago, DomiSotto said:

I've actually been through a run of each dungeon in the game with the exception of the ebon hall and shattered masts. 

Save for sogun that just paralyzed me, I find them them very interesting in a group that is in no hurry, has no problems with wiping a couple of times on each boss, and does not rely on me to do cc's. I am happy to kite, bait, I-frame, position, but cc... No.

and my impression from all the pugs I did during the Daily Challenge on Steroids is that everyone is pretty much like me. Hopes that someone else knows how to cc and we can just stay out of stupid or step on smart, whatever the case might be.

I was so used to high AP Ebon Hall runs, that I never knew there was a point in which you had to free Poh from goo, untill yesterday, after 3 or 4 wipes, I finally looked up a guide to see what the hell we were doing wrong, as we weren't a bunch of under 400 AP.  :p

3 minutes ago, Brand X said:

I was so used to high AP Ebon Hall runs, that I never knew there was a point in which you had to free Poh from goo, untill yesterday, after 3 or 4 wipes, I finally looked up a guide to see what the hell we were doing wrong, as we weren't a bunch of under 400 AP.  :p

Oh, well,anyway. I just don't know what to do. Restart trying to pug the daily challenges or just enjoy my lowbie and forget about the end-game.

11 minutes ago, DomiSotto said:

Oh, well,anyway. I just don't know what to do. Restart trying to pug the daily challenges or just enjoy my lowbie and forget about the end-game.

Today?  If you can't decide, flip a coin.  For ahwile, do both!  Vary it up :p

33 minutes ago, Brand X said:

Today?  If you can't decide, flip a coin.  For ahwile, do both!  Vary it up :p

Heh, that's like Winnie the Pooh in the old cartoon that says "both" when offered honey or jam on his sandwich, then adds "but hold back the bread" so people wouldn't think he's a greedy guts. 

Flipping the coin though, I can do that. Heads for end-game grind, tails for the tales of the level 20..... 

Archived