Anyone have tips for warlock leveling?

Mitsuki S

My level 35 warlock who's running dragon helix + dimensional volley with the defensive upgrade for thrall is starting to struggle soloing the green dungeons and field bosses for gear upgrades.  When it's 1 v 1 I have no problem.  However when the boss starts spawning adds, especially when it's a mix of ranged and melee I'm struggling to stay alive.

The fights basically go something like:

Tab for thrall -> Q at the boss, burst down adds with V -> 4 -> F -> 4 -> F -> 4 ( I try to weave in as much RMB as I can without missing a 4) -> start focusing on boss -> leech -> V -> etc...  Around when I need to hit 3 to reset V adds spawn forcing me to start kiting and blocking.  At this point I'm kind of spamming LMB/RMB + F as I'm running around like mad cause casting 3, hard casting V, or Tab would kill me instantly.  Eventually a few stray shots from the ranged mobs from behind or attacks landing after my block ends kill me.

I saw some other thread suggesting Ice as the leveling build but bombardment + dragoncall feels slower and less mobile.  Maybe there's something else about Ice that makes it better for leveling, which I'm missing.

So far I've kind of stumbled through.  Although I've improved somewhat, sometimes it seems to come down to whether I happen to crit more often during a fight.

you should use bombardment T3F3 for hitting multiple targets and helix build. Make sure you have your wingstorm(V) in T3F2 for health steal and soulshackle(2) T3F1 for health seal and restraining field. https://bnstree.com/WL?build=35000024503302011220110113117031060410903304032 here is a possible build. if its still hard then im sorry but warlock in general isn't a solo player especially at your level. At 35 all his powerful buffs are locked and you have only so many options to chose with limited points and warlock requires the whole set to have proper rotation. at low levels warlock is good because it has good damage but the problem is the mid levels are a pain for warlock since you have only so many points and enemies health and damage continues to scale immensely.

Thank you for this build.  I will try later tonight.

I agree with your assessment of warlock leveling.  I didn't really have any trouble pre-33 because almost nothing survived my initial burst.  If they did, it wasn't bad because the adds weren't three-shotting me.  

These are more general questions, but does it scale a lot more steeply in the higher levels?  And will other classes have similar difficulty?  I also have a SIN and a summoner around this level and now realize they're on a different level in terms of soloing.  I knew this by researching the classes before even installing the game, but I didn't know it would be such a big difference.  Does solo capability even really matter at level 50?  It seems like all of the end-game content is either dungeons or PvP.

dimensional salvo is really good for tanking a solo boss since it will give you time to block and you can still do damage but its not that good without hm skill so if you dont have hm skill and strugling to stay alive use t3f3 bombardment and the left tree of rapture to have alot of healing and it wont let you go out of chi so since you are new to the class it will help you alot .

14 hours ago, Mitsuki S said:

Thank you for this build.  I will try later tonight.

I agree with your assessment of warlock leveling.  I didn't really have any trouble pre-33 because almost nothing survived my initial burst.  If they did, it wasn't bad because the adds weren't three-shotting me.  

These are more general questions, but does it scale a lot more steeply in the higher levels?  And will other classes have similar difficulty?  I also have a SIN and a summoner around this level and now realize they're on a different level in terms of soloing.  I knew this by researching the classes before even installing the game, but I didn't know it would be such a big difference.  Does solo capability even really matter at level 50?  It seems like all of the end-game content is either dungeons or PvP.

well it is somewhat necessary since in later levels you will need to do blue dungeons for material and it would be better if you could solo it so you get all materials. unfortunately warlock is really hard to solo but with the changes to soul burn cd being reduced it will be a lot better and it will have better dps. FM and SIN are the best for solo dungeon bosses.

Archived