Naksun.....

Windbrand

Constant 250+ping (even though I'm in Canada, thanks to the garbage NCW servers), is it even possible to beat this as a FM?

I've watched countless so-called "how to" videos on this. No need to link me to any video, I've literally memorized the walkthrough by now. He certainly does NOT follow a regular pattern. He simply randomly counters and starts instant kill combo whenever he feels like it, and any countered move = instant stun = instant sky combo = instant death. How in the world am I supposed to know when he's gonna counter an attack or start an instant kill combo? I've had instances where he just randomly spams the instant kill combo even at 95% HP without any warning, wtf? He simply teleports everywhere, even getting hit = instant stun and usually means followed up by one-hit KO if my tab is on cooldown. No I'm not a mile away, I'm always within melee range, but the problem with melee range is as a FM with zero blocks it's impossible to even avoid his melee moves at melee range. Getting far away = instant death since he just teleports instantly on top of you and uses instant kill, staying too close also = instant death because he can just reach you at arm's length. So wtf am I supposed to do exactly, maintain a perfect 8m range throughout entire right and hope RNG doesn't make him spam instant kill combo nonstop?

And gotta love the f*cking weapon durabilities. You literally only get to try it 5-6 times before needing to either start all the way from bottom floor, or spend 1.5g on a repair hammer. Just f*cking great. No of course we can't let players repair weapons on floor 15, that'd actually be helpful for them to practice. This floor is so easy players don't deserve to practice here eh? Just following the NCS tradition of making gameplay a complete nightmare of an experience.

I was in the same boat, I had about 580AP, around 50% crit, 120%acc, and 78k hp (using naksun/hp soul shield set). Make sure to spec stun escape backstep. I prefer to use 6sec chill. Yes, he will get the "nimble" buff which lets him ignore chill/freeze, but I still found it to be easier. Having the extra HP will let you survive a bunch of things, bring fortune potions for ice phase, so you can get back your health quickly (and a shorter cd). Once you get used to fighting him, if you don't need the hp, then just go for more dmg.

The reason he seems to be doing things randomly, is because of how your dps is going, sometimes it'll push him past certain actions (or delay them), and he'll do the stun instead of the sweeping kick. Same goes for a lot of things, including if you're too far he'll start kicking tea cups at you; normally he goes back into his normal phase after tea cups OR 5hit combo (with knockup), but again if you do this in a strange manner, he'll kick teacups then do a 5hit combo (which isn't normally how it happens). So, my advice to you, is to find a set pattern that you do, and see if you can try to get him to act in a similar manner more often than not. As for the combo, just make sure to avoid the knockup, everything else can be "tanked" to a degree, use hp gain ice fury to help sustain, make sure to bring placement 36sec divine veil.

Arkane already gave good tips. His pattern isn't random (expect what he drinks but it doesn't matter) you just have to figure out what he is doing. The second fight in the Video Shows a good way to fight him -> with freeze. You can even stun him with 1 very often but it does not help too much. Just freeze him, that helps a lot. You will also get less damage if you move more than in the video. If you hit his counter, use tab, you don't need it for anything else there.

It's even possible to deal with him at stage 3 but maybe only with more damage. Just try it until you can beat him.

Archived