Destroyer vs. Warlock: What to do?

Hello everyone.

I'm usually hanging around in the arena when playing Blade and Soul, and enjoy most fights (I'm a level 50 HM 7 destroyer). They're fun, although a bit rock-paper-scissor like. However, I do enjoy most fights, even against my counters (except for one.) There's just one terrible matchup for me, which never ends up being fun in the slightest, which is a Warlock.

Okay, let's start with summing up what problems I seem to have with them.

1. First, I usually try to emberstomp+fury their pet to death as quick as possible. Welp, too bad, they just recall the thrall and gone is my range. Whenever I don't do this and just wait until they waste their recall, they'll just keep knocking me down and take away precious bits of health.

2. If they're playing as a Lyn, they're nearly impossible to target when they're standing a distance behind their thrall. Also, those flashy attacks give zero insight in what the hell is going on.

3. Obviously, I almost always fail at anicanceling the pet to death, so what they do next is nearly inescapable. They'll use time distortion and boom -- I'm gone within seconds. Don't even have a chance to fight back. They don't even have to stun me to kill me, simply nuking my ass off is enough. I tried running away, nope, their range is big enough to kill me as I run. I tried fighting back, nope, bastion is up. I tried using emberstomp+def hurricane, but NOPE, still takes my health away like it's no big deal.

So. What am I supposed to do against this 'fury destroyers with range and no need to stun xddd'-class? I get that they have their own hard counters, but that doesn't help me. It just doesn't seem fair that I don't even have a chance to fight back.

hi ... survive there Burst .... and u will win .... use Blue buff .... use  tier  5  spin the one  that give 400 % def and get u out of snare and give u 80 % speed .... use ur Shield to lowest cool downtime ... try this and tell me if it help you 

Skyblade gave you good tips: definitely play the defense boost spin, not the deflect one; that's mandatory against Warlock. Sadly the lower cd shield doesn't matter that much because as soon as the Warlock uses is CD reset while Bastion'd, his daze will break your shield and you're pretty much done.

To be honest with you, I win against 95% of Destroyers when I play my Warlock (Plat level that is). The few matches I lost is because a Destroyer managed to knockback me off my sanctum (the yellow aoe which limits auto-targeting or prevents daze/kd/stuns) with the knockback Typhoon right before I could bastion while my CD reset was going off.

But now that I think about it, I think you could use emberstomp HM + shield at the same time so the daze doesn't break your shield while the Warlock uses his CD reset and there isis NOTHING the Warlock can do to damage you if I'm not mistaken... I actually never saw a Dest do that but I think it  should work :O. Try doing that and tell me how it ended up :)

5 hours ago, Sherlock MacDumpster said:

Skyblade gave you good tips: definitely play the defense boost spin, not the deflect one; that's mandatory against Warlock. Sadly the lower cd shield doesn't matter that much because as soon as the Warlock uses is CD reset while Bastion'd, his daze will break your shield and you're pretty much done.

To be honest with you, I win against 95% of Destroyers when I play my Warlock (Plat level that is). The few matches I lost is because a Destroyer managed to knockback me off my sanctum (the yellow aoe which limits auto-targeting or prevents daze/kd/stuns) with the knockback Typhoon right before I could bastion while my CD reset was going off.

But now that I think about it, I think you could use emberstomp HM + shield at the same time so the daze doesn't break your shield while the Warlock uses his CD reset and there isis NOTHING the Warlock can do to damage you if I'm not mistaken... I actually never saw a Dest do that but I think it  should work :O. Try doing that and tell me how it ended up :)

Nope, didn't work in the slightest. Apparently facing a lock as destroyer means just going AFK and waiting for your horrible seizure inducing death.

6 hours ago, MntDewstroyer said:

Nope, didn't work in the slightest. Apparently facing a lock as destroyer means just going AFK and waiting for your horrible seizure inducing death.

Warlock is the counter of Destroyer, because Warlock can suck your Focus with their H.M skills, pretty much makes you useless, its really a hard fight

Archived