Auction House Price

StrawHat

Plain and short:

Prices -> increasing

Prediction -> continue to increase, heavily burden everyone, low to high in content to come, even further, regardless of your current status/economic standing. 

* minimum 40, 000g just for a mid tier upgraded weapon, as a sample.

Mechanics> supply vs. demand

Solution > throttle demand, to increase supply.

I  know this is a long shot, for it to even get started, eh well, go suck a banana.

Many people throughout the server need to be in on this. I'm sure those who are farming stingers and moonstones, are profiting while hiking prices 40+ silvers in less than 2 hours. But, it's gonna bite back really hard, in a few upcoming content, when you will need 4 times the mats, at 3 times the price that you helped raised. The price is driven by players. So change needs to come from the same source as well, unless devs. decide to shower everyone with mats - fairly unlikely to happen.

Finally, the plan: hold off buying mw. transformation stones, moonstones, stingers, machismo and etc. for a few days, let the price trickle back down.  I know its a difficult thing to do. Your options are to buy at rising prices, sell at high price then be forced in to buying back at 3-4 times the price, or wait a few days, then be able to buy more matts saving u a lot more time. Again, for this to work, this needs to be well co-ordinated and discussed amongst the community both in game and forums of when to organize this. It's worth a shot.

Enjoy the banana. 

One thing is certain, whether you are a seller/buyer, you're going to get screwed.

And if you are a trader, you will always win.

If "the community" really would let prices drop for a few days, traders would refill their stocks no end, and once the demand comes back up, the price rise would take hours only, to fill the pockets of the traders. The only thing slowing this down is the daily sales limit, but there are enough traders around to make this idea futile. You just have to look at the Trove event - huge influx of materials, but high demand items did not even drop a sliver. The traders just bought, now they sell.

I recommend one of two routes: either become a trader yourself, or switch to become a primary producer. Make your money by doing lucrative PvE content, and simply sell at whatever is the price of the day, and buy at the price of the day that which you need. Watching the market but not playing it - that way lies frustration...

Crafting your own items is not an efficient way, not the way the prices are headed. The cost of raw materials out weigh the gain, or only leave a few silvers to scratch a living by. Take for instance a moonpick - costing around 60silvers to craft, but 12hrs to make - being sold at 2.50g on average. You have botters who craft them in mass, and sell them in bundles of 30s, filling pages upon pages in auction.

I would love to farm moonstones myself, but there isn't enough damage output nor faction support for ssp to be a reasonable source. If majority stop buying, on specific weekdays, the supply will increase, and eventually traders will run out of money to invest. We know that prices hike on weekends, and then go back to normal, but they aren't going back to normal. Meaning when weekend hits, they rise even further, then another jump on the next weekend. Price for moonpicks used to be 68silver for max, then around treasure trove event, 1g30g, now if you see 2g, you buy them instantly. So much so that botts themselves will only go as low as 2g30s in bundles of 30s and 10s. Similarly Machismo, used to be 28s, then 50s max, now 1g+ is the norm and rising. I know that these examples aren't an issue for many, because they have passed that point of grinding them, at very low cost. It's headed upwards though. Some don't realize it because everything is new and normal to them, some are puzzled by the prices, and others are traders lol.

Archived