Blindside ~

Aiyik

Q and E is the same skill right? Does that mean if you click Q, both would be on cooldown? I've read Blizzia's Guide but I didn't fully understands it.

Two of the skills, the ones assigned to Q and E by default (both named Blindside), are actually one single skill with two different modifiers attached to it. When you switch from basic stance to draw stance, Blindside goes on an 8-second cooldown. This does not mean, however, that you cannot use Blindside to get out of draw stance and back into basic stance. As I mentioned just before, Blindside has two modifiers which work independently. In draw stance, the cooldown of Blindside is removed permanently for as long as you are in the stance. This means you could technically use [Q] Blindside to go into draw stance, and then use [E] Blindside to go back to basic stance. Now, once you've done this, you would still have to wait till [Q] Blindside went off cooldown to go back into draw stance unless you used one of the other stance modifiers, [4] Lightning Draw or [SS] Evade. If you used one of these modifiers to go back into draw stance, you would be able to use [E] Blindside to get back to basic stance regardless of whether [Q] Blindside was on cooldown or not.

BEWARE: While [Q] and [E] are the same ability, pressing [E] twice while in Draw stance will first return you to Basic stance, and then put your [Q] on cooldown, but keep you in Basic stance instead of switching stances.

Can someone simplify this?

Short version, it's a three-step explanation (though the in-game description covers everything, try it once or twice and you'll be sure to understand). Firstly, blindside is a skill in common for both Q & E keys, meaning a common CD. It's a short iframe+movement; take this as the base.

Secondly, "easy differences": Q switches you into draw stance, E into basic stance. Still, you can use both anytime: Q during draw stance & E in basic stance. The switch won't have any impact, since you were already in the stance related to the blindside you used. CD triggered, of course; no news here.

And finally, the core difference on the use of E blindside, which may be misunderstood: if you're using it in draw stance, the CD (ongoing or not) will be ignored. Meaning, you could do some stance dancing if you fancy it: while in draw stance, E => basic stance & no CD, then Q => draw stance & CD engaged, followed by E => CD ignored & back to basic stance.

Easy as that! Try it out with your character and you'll understand it, guides may make it harder if explanations are confusing. I already find mine here not clear enough.

Yes they are one skill, except Q switches to draw stance and E switches to basic stance. Both go on cooldown after you use Q. The reason why you can do Q and then E however is because as they said E has no cooldown in draw stance. This is why every method of entering draw stance is so important for BM.

Archived