New PvP vendor Hongmoon Pellet x5?

PatchKid

I noticed in the live stream that there's new items in the PvP vendor including a hongmoon pellet, but there was a quantity of 5 on the pellet.  The item itself would cost 120,000 zen beans to obtain, and it appears (based on the video) that you get 5 of them.  No idea why anyone would need 5 pellets to unlock their LMB HM skill.  Wouldn't you only need 1?

120,000 zen beans is ridiculous price for these things, unless you're making them tradeable.  They can be bought for 50g, on average, from guilds selling them to players who don't have access (through using the guild crafting system method).  That's realistically only around 16,000 - 20,000 zen beans in total (selling soulstones @ less than market price).  Can we get some clarification as to the insane price, and the strange #5 showing up on the video?

6 minutes ago, Kamitama said:

Makes no sense cause you can only carry a max of 20k beans.

It's total cost.  You don't pay 120,000 zen beans, you have to buy 10x of the 5,000 zen bean certificates and 70x of the 1,000 zen bean pugilist tokens.  So, as you accumulate zen beans you have to spend them on these other currencies instead of on soulstone pouches.

The reality is, you're about 3-4x better off buying soulstone pouches (depending on your server's market, and rank in arena) and selling them for gold because the skills and items are about 1/3 of the price on the AH as would translate to zen beans.

Here's what it shows in the video:

GSLQdD9.png?1

Is that actually a #5 to the bottom right?  Maybe I'm just imagining the blurry image and that's just part of the image and not a number.  If not the price is 20x more insane... I'd rather save up 50g and buy it from a player than try to make 120,000 zen beans.

Looks like I'm not crazy because:

KtCVaOp.png

That's the image of the current crafting, and there's a 3 next to the pellet.  Makes no sense why a single PvP player in the Arena would want to buy 5 of these for 120,000 zen beans...  Please fix before released!

If you divide the cost by 5, you'd need 4x of the pvp certificates and 4x pugilist tokens (24,000 zen beans) which is still more cost than just selling soulstones and finding a guild to sell you a single pellet, but less hassle for a hardcore arena player.

1 minute ago, PatchKid said:

Just looked at the video, and they never actually scrolled the vendor down to see if the HM pellet is sold there.  You can buy the other items that are needed for the LMB skill, but no guaranty that the pellet is for sale, if so - what it costs / if you must buy more than one.

yeah but he said that there are "the hongmoon pellet items" in there, very unspecific...

7 minutes ago, Nattia said:

I'm just looking for the easiest way to obtain it :x

Just looked at the video, and they never actually scrolled the vendor down to see if the HM pellet is sold there.  You can buy the other items that are needed for the LMB skill, but no guaranty that the pellet is for sale, if so - what it costs / if you must buy more than one.

Archived