PvP questions from a noob

1rty0m

Hi there, i'm a noob.

I'm currently lvl 32 and i started Arena from lvl 30. I rolled a FM and i'm an below average PvPer with bad ping. But i have noticed some serious discrepancies in the matchups. Sometimes i perform ok and sometimes i get stun locked throughout the entire fight. I am partially to blame for it myself since i cant always use the escape skills on time but it still seems a bit too much that the stun lock lasts that long, especially the destroyers. 

Am i doing something wrong? Any advice would be great. Thanks in advance!!!

This is how the game works, if you don't have any escape and they have all their CC abilities available, this is how it ends up.

If i sum up the duration of the CC abilities of my BM, I have roughly 20 secs of CC.

I advise you to put some skill points into Backstep, so you can use it while you're stunned, and use frost sheath (V) and Frost Armor (Tab) to stall a bit to get back your other escapes.
Also, if you use an ice build, when you chill your target, you prevent him from using any charge abilities.

2 hours ago, 1rty0m said:

Every time the scoreboard resets, Diamond players are in Bronze again. For a while, especially towards the beginning of a season, you're going to find yourself fighting folks significantly above and below you in skill level. It usually begins to even out later in the season or around gold.

(I'm plat, usually get 20-30 win streak at the beginning of a season before I'm in my own tier - but occasionally just get CRUSHED by some bronze KFM right off the bat.)

2 hours ago, 1rty0m said:

Hi there, i'm a noob.

I'm currently lvl 32 and i started Arena from lvl 30. I rolled a FM and i'm an below average PvPer with bad ping. But i have noticed some serious discrepancies in the matchups. Sometimes i perform ok and sometimes i get stun locked throughout the entire fight. I am partially to blame for it myself since i cant always use the escape skills on time but it still seems a bit too much that the stun lock lasts that long, especially the destroyers. 

Generally, what the guy above said.

Destroyers are one of the matchups that you have to be really careful with using your escape skills against - not only does it come to timing, you have to often consider whether you should use escape skill at all. With SS skilled 2 points you have 2 main escapes from stun and knockdown - tab and backstep. Both have 36 seconds cooldown, and if you use both of them on the first stuns or dazes that you get hit with, a skilled Destroyer/Blademaster/Assassin/KFM will simply go bananas and beat you down without ever giving you a chance to fight back. 

Here's Radeyz talking about various CCs for general education: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPksFworLcg

Archived