I really, really wish that I didn't need to deal with PvP

Shaidon

11 minutes ago, Cesura said:

Arguments about forced PvP Vs forced PvE aside, I think both sides should be able to agree that some of the faction quests could be a bit better structured and designed. 

The fact that the quest giving NPCs are killable (And very easy to kill at that) is simply poor design. The misty woods quest givers are really easy to grief, and to top it off, it's actually ENCOURAGED because the faction bosses spawn right on those spots so people stand right on the basses and murder the NPCs to keep spawning the boss for insignia. 

My server is totally crimson dominated, and I have a character in both factions (Heck, double agent is a TITLE so it's not like the game encourages loyalty.) and the fact that even when I complete the dailies on my ceru it's a struggle to even turn in my quests is a problem. This should be a non-issue. I should be able to pick up and turn in my quests without the NPC getting dragged into combat before I have 2 seconds to hit the accept button. Now that misty woods is down to 2 channels switching to an empty one is frequently not an option. 

At lot of players will probably think I'm blowing smoke on that complaint because it's often a non-issue, unless you're in a one-sided server in an area with few channels, but when it happens to you it's very, very frustrating. And in misty woods all it takes is a single troll to drop a single AOE on the quest NPCs whenever you try to talk to them. 

The quest objective should be what's contested and what we're fighting for, not the NPC to turn the thing in. 

In the blackram vs bamboo guard areas, the bamboo guard NPCs that give side quests remain non-combat and non-targetable even if you're wearing a blackram uniform, standing right on top of him and nuking every other bamboo guard in the camp. The faction quest NPCs on both sides should do the same. 

Or perhaps we can even have a courier NPC near the faction NPCs in cities that can give you your orders. Kind of like the daily quest bulletin boards. You can use them to pick up and turn in your faction quests, even without your uniform on, but you still have to put it on and go the the battleground to actually do the quest. 

Player Vs Player is all well and good, but player vs shopkeeper shouldn't be a thing. 

They could even send you both the mission and reward through your quest log, since it's a mechanism that exists in game and is being used for dailies, dungeon exclusive quests and whatnot.

I just want a faction outfit without the PvP flag. Just make the CD for putting it on and taking it off much longer. They should just make it so PvP'ers never need to PvE and vice-versa unless they want to to both. :P

As a PvP'er doing PvE, imagine trying to do a dungeon for a thing you want. But in this dungeon, a bunch of OP bosses can spot you from far away. And then they all gang up on you and chase you down no matter how far you run. Then they kill you and then go wait by the area you will respawn at so they can kill you again and again and again. And you need the item from the dungeon to turn in your beans. Your only other option is to pay an arm and a leg for the item on the broker.

Or like as soon as you set foot in SSP, all the bosses in the field rush you and never reset. And so you change channels and "different/but the same" bosses rush you again. That's what faction is like for me. xP

On ‎8‎/‎4‎/‎2016 at 2:54 PM, Enhance said:

Do dailies for gold and buy soulstones from marketplace then. The only time you NEED to deal with pvp wearing a uniform is for 15 minutes when getting your Moonwater Baotite weapon and for 1 minute when you have to talk to an NPC in main quest.

for 37+s each? nope

1 hour ago, Ginki said:

for 37+s each? nope

Why not?

If they're 37s each that just means that doing Misty Woods faction dailies gives you 5.5 gold instead of 5.

Soulstones don't have any kind of inherent, hard-set value to them in silver. What will you do when our game catches up with KR and soulstones are 2-3g each?

9 minutes ago, Enhance said:

Why not?

If they're 37s each that just means that doing Misty Woods faction dailies gives you 5.5 gold instead of 5.

Soulstones don't have any kind of inherent, hard-set value to them in silver. What will you do when our game catches up with KR and soulstones are 2-3g each?

~37s is too much when you need a lot of SS. even if i had the g i still wouldn't buy it. i don't know what i will do when SS reach 2-3g cause i'll have quit way before that

1 minute ago, Ginki said:

when i need 100-200+ SS for 1 item it's an issue to buy at ~37s. i don't know what i will do when SS reach 2-3g cause i'll have quit way before that

Thing is, soulstones are 2-3 gold because you get easy gold from other places.

Gold and soulstones can be exchanged at some rates, so if you look at it this way:

Doing Misty Woods dailies gives you 15 soulstones, doing 3 Heroic dungeon dailies gives you 27 soulstones, selling the frozen fangs you got from them gives you another 27 soulstones, mushin's tower gives you 16 soulstones for a run, running Necro-4/Yeti-4 for the HM skill has a chance to drop 540 soulstones.

The numbers can go up/down depending on soulstone/other item price, but I fail to see how Misty Woods giving 15 soulstones explicitly is an issue.

5 minutes ago, Enhance said:

Thing is, soulstones are 2-3 gold because you get easy gold from other places.

Gold and soulstones can be exchanged at some rates, so if you look at it this way:

Doing Misty Woods dailies gives you 15 soulstones, doing 3 Heroic dungeon dailies gives you 27 soulstones, selling the frozen fangs you got from them gives you another 27 soulstones, mushin's tower gives you 16 soulstones for a run, running Necro-4/Yeti-4 for the HM skill has a chance to drop 540 soulstones.

The numbers can go up/down depending on soulstone/other item price, but I fail to see how Misty Woods giving 15 soulstones explicitly is an issue.

at ~37s i don't plan to buy SS(especially when i need hundreds of those: 5 accessories+1 weapon), and make the other guy rich and myself poor

7 minutes ago, Ginki said:

at ~37s i don't plan to buy SS(especially when i need hundreds of those: 5 accessories+1 weapon), and make the other guy rich and myself poor

That's entirely your decision and your call, and actually therefore your problem. I have no idea why you don't think value of "gold" can change, and why you value it so highly for yourself (you want to be "rich" and not make other guy "rich"), but if you prefer having gold to having soulstones - up to you. The system is not at fault for that.

Archived