Cat skill problem

BITunderscoreIFFY

At times, which seems to be quite a lot of the time, my cat seems totally unwilling to perform the skills i'm using for it. I can spam Q and it will just not taunt. This isnt a key-over problem either as i'm making sure that I just hit Q and nothing else. This problem is really getting on my tits!

Can anyone provide an explanation as to whats going on please.

There is a distance limit to how far form your cat you are, which you will still be able to control the skills it is using.

Also while in the middle of an attack/skill it won't always cast taunt and a few others. (Until the skill is completed, then you're able to cast it.)

49 minutes ago, BITunderscoreIFFY said:

Im not far enough from the cat for distance to be an issue, and the cat is just using its programmed sequence of skills over and over. Im not talking one or 2 skills, its enough that i die because i cant get the cat to break from the program and use the skill i want

Mobs can evade your tount by jumping or just i-framing. Mobs can drop cat's agro by doing certain attacks. You can only time it right and move your cat closer to target.

Not to mention "Taunt" will have a cool down until you can hit Q again and get your cat to taunt.

Plus the "Taunting" will not hold aggro the full 8 seconds anymore, and it's been like that for a while. (You can take aggro off your cat even with it taunting.)

Some bosses/mobs are also harder to get to pay attention to your cat taunting than others, and moving around/bosses jumping and everything can change how effective your taunt is. 

You have to learn how, when, where to position yourself and your cat in proportion to the mobs/boss.

You arent telling me anything that I dont already know. That isnt the problem. The problem is, that at times the cat isnt reacting to skills because it is caught up in the default skill sequence, its just doesnt attempt it. Its like the cat combat algorithm isnt seeing my event request triggers

You can't interrupt all the cat skills with another. 

Since it is preforming a skill, it's ignoring the request for another. 

Some skills cats do can NOT be interrupted to start a different skill. 

Some can be. 

I also stated that in my 1st reply.

Also while in the middle of an attack/skill it won't always cast taunt and a few others. (Until the skill is completed, then you're able to cast it.)

Archived