BM vs DES

saysomething

hey, i'm looking for some tips against destroyers

It feels like one of my hardest match-ups, because of their two escapes. When i manage to bait out one escape i've most likely used my z pull/x and have a hard time getting another good opening to get the second escape. So very often around the time they used their second escape, the escape they used first is off cd.

Anyway, how do you manage to land a combo on them? The only combo I can land before they use their escape is for example a knockdown/stun +  lightning draw

Try air comboing them once you get them down. Generally what happens is if they use their second escape and don't immediately go ham on you, they lose out on a lot of damage, and you can win by killing slowly. Another thing to try is to use Flock of Blades instead of Blade Call. After you force their first escape you can knockback with flock and daze with c, and then ground combo them. Air combos are reliable damage tho, its about play style.

As a Destroyer player in Plat (2080 rating was my highest...) I get often rekt by BMs. You have 2 choices:

1. Force escapes and stall. (better)
2. Sustained damage, I guess. (only works for very skilled BMs. Its basically air-combo spam and using your cooldowns to do the most damage in short time and stall.)

I think as someone who asks on the forum for help, you probably arent above Gold. I would rather recommend the first option. Just do your combo and Q/E a lot so you can maybe dodge the escape daze of the Destroyer. Persistence is no instant CC, so you have a little moment to react tho, but it is very very short if the Destro knows how to ani-cancel into like a shield stun. DONT USE YOUR ESCAPE UNTIL PERSISTENCE IS DOWN. You will lose at least 80% health if the Destro has cooldowns while Persistence and knows how to ani-cancel and you dont have your escape, if not die. Just take the damage. Just take it as long as the Destro doesnt have Wrath to do insane damage. Only use your escape when you are extremely low or get stunned during Persistence or while Wrath is available. If you are a good BM you will have a window after 2 mins into the match where the Destro is most vulnerable due to 1 min cooldown on persistence, then you can most likely kill him in one combo.
I have also sparred against Luki who is the top BM player in EU right now I think. And oh boi... I never got so destroyed in my life. If you know how to perfectly outplay the ground counters of a Destro as BM, he has no chance. What he did was: Pull opener, CC chain, knockdown, outplay my Retreat and Ground options, force my Tab, Q/E it to not get dazed, another Pull, another CC chain, force my Persistence, use his own escape, and then kill me after a bit, knocking me down out of a spin and CC chain until inevitable death. Its horrible...

-Ra9eQuit

18 minutes ago, Ra9eQuit said:

As a Destroyer player in Plat (2080 rating was my highest...) I get often rekt by BMs. You have 2 choices:

1. Force escapes and stall. (better)
2. Sustained damage, I guess. (only works for very skilled BMs. Its basically air-combo spam and using your cooldowns to do the most damage in short time and stall.)

I think as someone who asks on the forum for help, you probably arent above Gold. I would rather recommend the first option. Just do your combo and Q/E a lot so you can maybe dodge the escape daze of the Destroyer. Persistence is no instant CC, so you have a little moment to react tho, but it is very very short if the Destro knows how to ani-cancel into like a shield stun. DONT USE YOUR ESCAPE UNTIL PERSISTENCE IS DOWN. You will lose at least 80% health if the Destro has cooldowns while Persistence and knows how to ani-cancel and you dont have your escape, if not die. Just take the damage. Just take it as long as the Destro doesnt have Wrath to do insane damage. Only use your escape when you are extremely low or get stunned during Persistence or while Wrath is available. If you are a good BM you will have a window after 2 mins into the match where the Destro is most vulnerable due to 1 min cooldown on persistence, then you cant most likely kill him in one combo.
I have also sparred against Luki who is the top BM player in EU right now I think. And oh boi... I never got so destroyed in my life. If you know how to perfectly outplay the ground counters of a Destro as BM, he has no chance. What he did was: Pull opener, CC chain, knockdown, outplay my Retreat and Ground options, force my Tab, Q/E it to not get dazed, another Pull, another CC chain, force my Persistence, use his own escape, and then kill me after a bit, knocking me down out of a spin and CC chain until inevitable death. Its horrible...

-Ra9eQuit

1980 eu plat actually, thanks for the help though

and don't get me wrong the match-up isn't impossible for me and i do win here and there, but against some destroyers it just feels like they have an answer to everything i do, so i thought i'd ask just incase there is anything i'm missing to win more consistently against destroyers

i'll give playing more passive and doing more consistent damage a try

Archived