issue blocking bots

xtclikeafox

its more of an issue that needs to be fixed vs a bug.

The maximum limit to blocking is 250.

200 for the block spammer option 50 for the regular block option. I've never been one to whine about bots because I could just block them then continue to play without an issue.

For daily players though 250 is too small of a number to block all the gold sellers. Having such a low threshold is interfering with finding pvp parties, dungeon groups, or reading the chat in general when they are spamming every few seconds.

If nothing will be done about the bots can the block restrictions be significantly raised or eliminated entirely until the underlying issues are resolved?

If only there was some way to apply to be a mod with ban privileges then I would drop the hammer so hard their stealth-hacking destroyers would feel it.

I came here hoping to see something being done about PvP bots though.

Side note:  The guys at Jagex have some awesome white papers about anti-botting and I'm very surprised that most games don't even attempt to detect bots.

Honestly, when the list gets full, clear and it block the one that's currently on.

MOST of the time, bots that were added a few days to a week ago have been banned so you don't have to worry about them anymore and they're just taking up space in your list.

Archived