We want player to player mail systems to be payment free.

Blade Gamiasdes

Before I come to point I want to make ; there are lots of confusion about mailing system. So, I went ahead and logged a ticket to NcSoft about mailing system.
My queries were-

1. I've not bought any N coin. Can I send mail to my alt character in the same account and in the same region (From NA to NA)?
2. I've not bought any N coin. Can I send mail to my alt character in the same account and in the different region (From NA to EU)?
3. I've bought n coin . Can I send mail to another player in different region? (I'm in NA and he is in EU)
4. Buying N coin once will permanently remove mail restriction? Or I need to be a premium member whenever I want to send mail?
5. Why servers like CN (China) has no pay wall on an essential system like mailing but NA and EU do? you do realize that you are getting worse tags than P2W
 and discouraging players??

In response this is what they have replied (It's in italics)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for contacting Blade and Soul Support Team. Normally, players can mail to alternate characters in the same account and same server without any Ncoin purchases. Players are only allowed to send mail from one character to another in the same server and region. This means that mailing between regions are not allowed regardless whether you have Ncoin purchases or not. As soon as players make any purchases on the Hongmoon store using Ncoin, the mail access will be permanently unlocked to their accounts.

Also, the mailing feature is locked by default as a security measure in order to prevent hackers from sending money and items from one player to another. However, if you wish to have any changes regarding the mailing system, we encourage you to suggest it in the forums so that the other players can participate in the discussion.

https://forums.bladeandsoul.com/

I hope these answers your inquiries, and if you have and other questions and concerns please don't hesitate to ask again.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now from this communication what I can gather that apparently I should have been able to send my alt of same account w/o any payment. But as others already said in
forum this system is currently broken. (I've not checked with my alt yet. Will do today.)

Secondly , I was thinking of buying N coins to send stuff over to my EU account which would not happen in any case
Thirdly, they do listen to players' opinion and if we make our point may be they will listen to this.

Having said that, I personally think that a general mail system is essential for every players, free or premium . And it should not be behind pay wall.
I mean they are doing it to prevent hackers to send money and stuff? But it is preventing normal players to send ANYTHING and EVERYTHING. The security system
should be able differentiate between players and hackers. Monetizing mailing system would solve nothing. if China servers can do it so can they.

what are your thoughts?

The fact you cant trade between servers is something completely normal...That should never happen.

Other servers have different prices on items, population is different....

I can for example make an account on Windrest buy soulstones at 25s and sell them over at Mushin for 30s each. (Just an example)

The 1nc coin price for mail is there just to annoy the free players. This doesn't stop hackers from doing anything. We already know that. 

What i dislike the most, when every mail you send will cost you x amount of gold. Anyone who likes to farm with more than one character already knows how expensive this can get...

We don't have shared wh, we cant dual box so we are stuck with mailing items/gold to our mains. Problem is, delivery costs of this can get really *quote the granny* high...

Another really good point Rey. Even after all this if someone is going to send stuff it is going to cost money. If my alt is broke ...I can't send gold and stuff until my alt earns x amount on his own.

The cross server thing I can accept. But the purchase for mail seems so unfair. It's one basic privileges of a player.

No matter where you look in this game, there's a gigantic gold sink everywhere. Not to mention crafting is not only just a gold sink but a MASSIVE time sink as well.

Gotta farm for a full day or two to get enough mats to start crafting moonwater transformation stones, drop 4 silver and change to start crafting it, and then wait a whopping 24 hours just to get the item you spent so much time gathering the mats just to make? 

Overall design of the game is kind of messed up.

But back on topic,

1 hour ago, Blade Gamiasdes said:

The cross server thing I can accept. But the purchase for mail seems so unfair. It's one basic privileges of a player.

Having to pay to mail items/gold to your alts is fairly dumb, yeah. Especially for the people who don't have/can't afford premium memberships, since they can't gain money from killing monsters like premium members do they tend to lose a lot of money in the long run in comparison.

I don't know what happened but after this Silverfrost patch, I no longer able to mail stuff to my other character in the same account.  I do see other names show up when I click recipient meaning that I can mail stuffs to other characters.  Why not mine in the same account?  I could do that before.

let them fix the mail bug first, and then we talk about the rest. it's been more than 2 months and still not fixed. we should be able to mail free towards all players without having to buy NCoins and without any fee as compensation

Archived