Destroyer - Are the CC's a bit "too" relentless?

Aviarn

At the first encounter I was pretty agitated by it, but okay it could've been just some misfortune... But after a few days of PvPing, I actually now am confident that there is something wrong with the Destroyer's constant CC ability in PvP.

Myself I'm a Warlock. Most of the battles where I fight a Destroyer (and at little occasions a SM, but I find these well balanced to have a fair fight with.), I can't do anything. This is because the destroyer is able to keep me in a constant CC grasp which I am, in many fights, completely unable to break out of. Even where I am 4 levels higher than my opponent, he can still keep me in a long enough CC grasp to deal some serious damage... whereas I sense that this isn't something to be considered as "balanced".

Most of the classes are always a good fight to hold with, but the amount of CC's the Destroyer has really sets me off fom PvP Balance. The Destroyer literally needs a bit favourable RNG to make sure his first cc hits, and you're already done while the match had only just begun.

Is anyone else experiencing that the Destroyer's CC is quite a huge advantage over other classes? Are there perhaps any other Warlocks who know how to ever get ouf of this 15-second-long repeating stun?

I'm playing Destroyer and I have no idea how to CC Warlocks since I can't even get close to them and when I do, they are blocking everything. You are either doing something terribly wrong or I am. Maybe we both need to l2p... xD

3 minutes ago, Aviarn said:

Well, I know that you can remotely grab a warlock even beyond his 16m range. I saw somebody do that.

That's an error that happens due to desync.

Actually, it's not even a real error, it's just a "display" bug. It happens when you use the pull skill. Sometimes, the other character stays at range even though it has been pulled to melee and at that point, you can use any melee skills like normal as long as you know where they character is supposed to be.

Check out some Destroyer streams, you will see it for sure.

On 3/24/2016 at 3:24 AM, Aviarn said:

At the first encounter I was pretty agitated by it, but okay it could've been just some misfortune... But after a few days of PvPing, I actually now am confident that there is something wrong with the Destroyer's constant CC ability in PvP.

Myself I'm a Warlock. Most of the battles where I fight a Destroyer (and at little occasions a SM, but I find these well balanced to have a fair fight with.), I can't do anything. This is because the destroyer is able to keep me in a constant CC grasp which I am, in many fights, completely unable to break out of. Even where I am 4 levels higher than my opponent, he can still keep me in a long enough CC grasp to deal some serious damage... whereas I sense that this isn't something to be considered as "balanced".

Most of the classes are always a good fight to hold with, but the amount of CC's the Destroyer has really sets me off fom PvP Balance. The Destroyer literally needs a bit favourable RNG to make sure his first cc hits, and you're already done while the match had only just begun.

Is anyone else experiencing that the Destroyer's CC is quite a huge advantage over other classes? Are there perhaps any other Warlocks who know how to ever get ouf of this 15-second-long repeating stun?

Most or 99% of the destroyers you fought in Arena are bots. They are highly programmed timing to cc you until you die. you need to react faster than the program or spamming iframe to break their chain. However, they are predictable.

C is your friend. also, keep trinket and Z for when they go Fury. they dont have a hard resist like most others, so nuking them is rather easy.

try to block their approach skills. they will propably grab you after that, but it's still better than stunchain since you can escape with 1 if they try anything funny or ss/f in case of knockdown or timeout. may be a latency thing, but for me not even the arena bots get that drop->stun right.

Archived