Dear LBM (LBM vs Warlock match-up)

Enamour

To you Lyn Blade Masters, I have a few questions about your skills.

1. How long does Sword Shroud last?
  2. What's the cool down on your flying sword CD?
  3. How much focus does your tab cost?
  4. Is tech-chasing F with 5-point the standard tech chase?
  5. Does 5-point pierce defense?
  6. Are knock backs and knock downs the only ways to stop spins?

Learning this match up and after fighting Pokedex and Silas, I'd really like to know how to fight LBMs.

1. Guardian Tempest, you mean? The floating black blade lasts 5 seconds or 5 hits. The white cylinder, Maelstrom, lasts 2 seconds, is only usable during Vortex (spin), and must spec it (i.e. cannot have both deflect and Maelstrom). Both have 36-second cooldowns.
  2. Defense-breaking Blitzblade, the quick-moving black blade? Usually 24 seconds, disables defense for 6 seconds on hit. If used just for extra aerial damage instead, the cooldown is 18 seconds. Focus-restoring Soaring Falcon, the spinning blade boomerang? 9 seconds, recover 2 focus on hit and 8 more over 8 seconds, only avoided with iframes. You can block now and then, but BD will have basically unlimited Focus no matter how you approach them.
  3. 2 Focus. Recovers 4 if Deflect version is used to break snare.
  4. (Sorry, can't tell you about Warlock matchup. Do note that you'll typically spec knockup as well, so 5-point isn't much of a tech chase -- it's more likely to be used to double up on knockup combo.)
  5. No. Since you'll pretty much always see the Daze version, it is also vulnerable to all CC while being used unless the BD has precasted Maelstrom or Guardian Tempest.
  6. Knockdown, knockup, grab, grip, pull, and disable offensive-defensive. Otherwise stated, it's an offensive-defensive skill which confers stun/daze/knockback immunity.

Hmm thanks for the info. It seems I can take a match off an LMB but I seem to messing up somewhere later on. Mainly the Leech into resists I think is my main issue. The knock up is super helpful for when I open with my knockdown as it gaurentees I get off free damage. I jsut need to watch out for those damn shields and F roll faster out of Lightning Draw (those 6.5k crits hurt).

Archived