7 day deletion

DirectorTseng

I'm wondering seriously why people complain about this? For roughly 9 years Lineage 2 had the same 7 day character deletion and it was a god send at times. NCsoft accounts are notorious for getting hacked either by overseas or pissed off players you were dumb enough to give your account info to. Way to many times I used to see posts in the forums of Lineage 2 that people had been hacked and when they logged in their character was stripped and set for deletion (most of the time with only a few days left of the 7 day process by the time they got back into their account.)

I guess I'm having a hard time understanding why people are bitching so much about it, yeah it's a week.. not that huge of a deal.

3 minutes ago, DirectorTseng said:

I'm wondering seriously why people complain about this? For roughly 9 years Lineage 2 had the same 7 day character deletion and it was a god send at times. NCsoft accounts are notorious for getting hacked either by overseas or pissed off players you were dumb enough to give your account info to. Way to many times I used to see posts in the forums of Lineage 2 that people had been hacked and when they logged in their character was stripped and set for deletion (most of the time with only a few days left of the 7 day process by the time they got back into their account.)

I guess I'm having a hard time understanding why people are bitching so much about it, yeah it's a week.. not that huge of a deal.

Because it kicks in too soon, and people have limited character slot amount. Level 15 is basically "cat walked on my keyboard after I created a character and went for a coffee". Less than an hour of play and you don't even get a skillbook yet, so you can't really experience your character's abilities.

I think people would *cricket* less if the 7-day delay kicked in at level 35-40+.

Archived