Need someone knowledgable about network conflicts.

Enamour

So lately, I've been getting insane ping spikes. Usually if just my laptop is on, there aren't any spikes but as soon as something else comes on, gl to me trying to play anything. I think I also have a bit of lag when it's just me sometimes but not sure. Anyways, more to the point; I'm seeing the name of my laptop on the network I have but it has 2 IP addresses (one on a 3g and another on the 5g of the same router). Could this possibly be the reason I'm experiencing so many lag spikes?

Isn't 5G is still an developing network generation? I read 4G is currently the best for gaming but for reasons my 4G ISP nodes give random ping and low signal and so i'm forced to use 3G, 3G introduce more ping but it is constant unlike 4G's periodic super ping spikes (thnx to my ISP).

Anyway you should be using one IP for your laptop. For DNS instance it is bad to set Primary and Alternative even is seem best for fallback purpose if Primary IP fails, it is just way slower.

2 minutes ago, Aevri said:

Isn't 5G is still an developing network generation? I read 4G is currently the best for gaming but for reasons my 4G ISP nodes give random ping and low signal and so i'm forced to use 3G, 3G introduce more ping but it is constant unlike 4G's periodic super ping spikes (thnx to my ISP).

From my understanding, 3G, 4G, and 5G standards are relative to your ISP and don't actually mean anything in regards to speed and reliability.

24 minutes ago, Astrolotl said:

Your laptop has 2 IP addresses or there are 2 IP addresses (one being your laptop) using the network?

There's my laptop and then 2 ip addresses. Also, my TCP Connection as at max.

• 3 weeks later...

It could be due to 2 active connections on your laptop. If that's the case, then yes in majority cases you will face lag and delay and sometimes connection disconnection during gaming or doing any activity online. The best way to solve this is to disable the Wireless adapter which you don't want to use at time, so you can use a stable connection. 

If you are using the 2nd connection as backup, you can bridge both connection from Network and Sharing Center. You can read How to bridge here: http://www.wikihow.com/Bridge-an-Internet-Connection

I hope it helps! :)

Archived