Question regarding instant dragoncall

Yashuoa

So I am trying out the classes a bit to make my choice (mainly aiming for pvp).

I was lvling a warlock to lvl8 or so and there you have the 2 3 4 combo for an instant dragoncall.

To do this, noone can move or it wont happen.

So I root the target and make the 4 bars from #3 count down to zero before firing the instant dragoncall.

The thing is, what is so useful about this?

I cant move before I get the instant. I cant use any other attacks during the count down from #3.

Basically I just have to stand still for a while, not attacking, so that I get my instant dragoncall?

Am I overlooking something? Will talents and such make this different?

Well you aren't simply standing still as your 3 deals damage per tick, and the damage is quite decent if your opponent(s) is branded.

It is definitely beneficial as when you are casting you actually waste 2.5 seconds dealing no damage, while during the 2-3-dragoncall combo you are always doing damage each second.

Although the insta-cast one also has 2.5 seconds animation before it actually lands on the enemy, you are free to do other things during that interval

(lmb/rmb+f for damage, or 1 if the enemy approach you)

When you are at lower level, the instant-cast from the 2-3 combo might seem insignificant since most mobs get either one-shotted by your dc or die during your 2-3 proccess anyways.

However, later on you can actually train your 3 so that it resets the cooldown of your dragoncall (and another nuke called wingstorm which you will unlock at level 24) on top of making it insta-cast if you manage to land the last hit.

(so you can cast the dc normally , then the 2-3 combo, followed by an extra insta-cast dragoncall)

You will also get another skill called leech, which can be triggered by pressing F when the opponent is marked with target/brand.

After using this leech you will get a 12-second buff where you can insta-cast your dragoncall and wingstorm.

For pvp this insta-cast method might be the better choice as the combo does not require much preparation and is easier to execute (leech has 45 second cooldown though).

3 hours ago, Blissoft said:

Well you aren't simply standing still as your 3 deals damage per tick, and the damage is quite decent if your opponent(s) is branded.

It is definitely beneficial as when you are casting you actually waste 2.5 seconds dealing no damage, while during the 2-3-dragoncall combo you are always doing damage each second.

Although the insta-cast one also has 2.5 seconds animation before it actually lands on the enemy, you are free to do other things during that interval

(lmb/rmb+f for damage, or 1 if the enemy approach you)

When you are at lower level, the instant-cast from the 2-3 combo might seem insignificant since most mobs get either one-shotted by your dc or die during your 2-3 proccess anyways.

However, later on you can actually train your 3 so that it resets the cooldown of your dragoncall (and another nuke called wingstorm which you will unlock at level 24) on top of making it insta-cast if you manage to land the last hit.

(so you can cast the dc normally , then the 2-3 combo, followed by an extra insta-cast dragoncall)

You will also get another skill called leech, which can be triggered by pressing F when the opponent is marked with target/brand.

After using this leech you will get a 12-second buff where you can insta-cast your dragoncall and wingstorm.

For pvp this insta-cast method might be the better choice as the combo does not require much preparation and is easier to execute (leech has 45 second cooldown though).

True you arent simply standing still with 3 dealing dmg.

With those talents to reset with 3 it will certainly look better to me :).

Thanks for the info.

Archived