Anti Virus program makes my game crash

Ra9eQuit

Hello there BnS community,

Recently I've been seeing a lot of posts about accounts getting hacked and money being stolen and so on, which remembered me of installing my Anti Virus Software G Data (I bought a new Gaming Laptop a few weeks ago). I did that and the installation and registration were fluid. The Anti Virus was running and I felt a lot more secure playing BnS, but guess what. I started BnS and after 5 minutes... IT CRASHED. That never happened to me before, which instantly told me that the problem was the Anti Virus program. To begin with, I tried restarting the game a few times and I noticed that the time until it crashes varried between 2 minutes - 30 minutes at max, and the performance felt slightly lower. After that I restarted the computer a few times, ran CCleaner, and tried countless of other things mentioned in other threads about game crashes, nothing helped so I decided to delete my Anti Virus. It worked but the condition is absolutely ridiculous. I dont want to be completely unsafe in the internet and potentially be hacked, just to be able to play. 

I would like to hear some tips or help regarding my problem if you know a solution for it.

Thanks in advance,

-Ra9eQuit

Have you included the game.exe in the safe/allow under the firewall settings?

If you aren't browsing while playing BnS, you could disable the AV, but leave the firewall active.

Try setting the game to run as admin.

1 minute ago, Eckogen said:

Have you included the game.exe in the safe/allow under the firewall settings?

If you aren't browsing while playing BnS, you could disable the AV, but leave the firewall active.

Try setting the game to run as admin.

Thanks for the reply, I tried to run it as admin already, didnt change it.

If I set the game as "safe" in the firewall... doesnt that mean I could get hacked? Sry if I sound ridiculous, but i have no idea whatsoever about internet security.

-Ra9eQuit

35 minutes ago, Ra9eQuit said:

Thanks for the reply, I tried to run it as admin already, didnt change it.

If I set the game as "safe" in the firewall... doesnt that mean I could get hacked? Sry if I sound ridiculous, but i have no idea whatsoever about internet security.

-Ra9eQuit

Yes, you can potentially get hacked through the game client if you add it to your firewall's exclusion list... but so far I've yet to hear someone being hacked in through the game client itself. Most "hacks" reported on the forums seem to be related to leaking personal info on 3rd party programs/ websites, after being baited by gold sellers.

Gameguard -- rootkit by nature, is another story though.

And you don't need to disable your AV, just add the client on the AV's exclusion list.

8 minutes ago, Emya said:

Yes, you can potentially get hacked through the game client if you add it to your firewall's exclusion list... but so far I've yet to hear someone being hacked in through the game client itself. Most "hacks" reported on the forums seem to be related to leaking personal info on 3rd party programs/ websites, after being baited by gold sellers.

Gameguard -- rootkit by nature, is another story though.

And you don't need to disable your AV, just add the client on the AV's exclusion list.

Thanks a lot, I will try that out and reply soon if it worked!

Have a nice day,

-Ra9eQuit

Guys use Windows defender it is way better then all aniti program you can find nowdays, and not only that it takes anything and dont block games..... I am using it and i dont have problems at all?

But you need to update it 1-2 times a day or just look for update as there will be many for it :)

1 hour ago, Ra9eQuit said:

Thanks a lot, I will try that out and reply soon if it worked!

Have a nice day,

-Ra9eQuit

Disabling the AV is a last resort if adding the game to the safe list does not work. But you know for sure that G Data is causing this crash?

8 minutes ago, Steen said:

Guys use Windows defender it is way better then all aniti program you can find nowdays, and not only that it takes anything and dont block games..... I am using it and i dont have problems at all?

But you need to update it 1-2 times a day or just look for update as there will be many for it :)

No, Windows Defender is not that great. If you just want to stick with a free AV than yes, it is better than other free AVs.

When it comes to top paid AVs vs Windows Defender, then WD is behind in detection rates.

http://www.howtogeek.com/225385/what%E2%80%99s-the-best-antivirus-for-windows-10-is-windows-defender-good-enough/

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2480487,00.asp

48 minutes ago, Eckogen said:

Disabling the AV is a last resort if adding the game to the safe list does not work. But you know for sure that G Data is causing this crash?

I not only disabled it, I completely deleted it from my PC. It worked, I am 100% sure it is G Data. I will add it to the safe list tonight and try bns.

Gameguard could be potentially conflicting with G Data. I know G Data is a top AV, but probably not the most popular; hence the conflicts.

If you send a report to G Data they might look and see what the compatibility issue is with GG and attempt to hotfix it. But it would have to affect numerous customers for them to do such an event.

Archived