Help pls performance

xSorrowx

Hello, I am currently running these PC specs.

GPU- Nvidia gtx 260

CPU- Intel pentium G3258 Haswell 3.2 GHz overclocked 3.7 Ghz

PSU - 750 Watt

RAM- 8 Gigs Crossair

Mobo- Gigabyte GA-H81M mATX

Windows 7 Home Basic

All temps are good, no hardware problems found after testing, tried different performance tweaks, different drivers, everything is updated, etc.

On medium settings I get around 60s-80s FPS but sometimes my fps will drop to 40s and I will get these mini freezes/Stuttering randomly.  Game runs smooth and it just will drop randomly.  I built this PC and even took to someone to make sure it was all correct cause this was my first build and he said everything works and is like it is suppose to be.  I was planning on upgrading my GPU in a few days since the 260 is pretty low, was thinking maybe a gtx 460 or gtx 470 as I am looking for something used on Ebay for around 50$.  Do you think it will fix my problem by upgrading my GPU?  I have done full reinstall of windows and checked memory and everything is working fine so I don't know what the problem could be.

Thanks for any help!

GPU is weak.

Get a GTX 750TI | 950 | 960 4 GB | 970 - depending on your budget. Anything less than 750TI isn´t worth buying.

If temps are fine, and see if you can push the overclock beyond 4 Ghz. The cpu has a good overclocking potential - but its hard to say, as each cpu is different, even though its the same model.

Upgrade to Windows 10 - I have 3-4 FPS increase in windows 10, vs win7

It would help probably but i wouldn't suggest you doing that. Never cheap out on gpu's. If you don't spend enough money you are throwing money out of the window. Price to performance is really bad on low end gpus. Also i wouldn't invest in a old architecture. Buy something like a 750 Ti with a maxwell chip. They are way more efficient and produce less heat. Also a 750 TI would fit perfektly in your rig. You can get that cheap on ebay too for maybe 70-100$. Depends on if it is used or not. Just check the power usage: The GTX 470 eats 215 Watts but the 750TI only 55. And they are nearly identical in their performance.

*Edit*

I was too slow :(

8 minutes ago, xSorrowx said:

Thanks for the replys, I tried Windows 10 but after a little while I got a black screen so I went back to 7.  Someone told me might be my GPU but idk.

Actually you´re right, with that cpu, WIndows 10 is not advisable. You´d need a fix for it to work.

So I OCed cpu to 4 GHz and put memory to enhanced performance then ran prime95 stress test and everything passed.  Game seems to work better now but still get this micro stutter randomly so I guess when I upgrade gpu, game should run good.

Just now, xSorrowx said:

So I OCed cpu to 4 GHz and put memory to enhanced performance then ran prime95 stress test and everything passed.  Game seems to work better now but still get this micro stutter randomly so I guess when I upgrade gpu, game should run good.

Depends if the stutters are clientside or serverside.

I suspect some stutters are from massive bot-invasion creating lagspikes.

Glad to hear that the OC paid off. Good luck ~

upgrading your gpu is not going to help you much, i upgraded from a 450 to a 960 with no improvement whatsoever in this game. 

all my other games run amazing now, but this game only uses 20% of my gpu under load, its a bottleneck, client side. 

just warning you before you drop 200 dollars or more, overclocking your cpu or forcing it into boost all the time helps because its making up for the clients absolutely abysmal use of your hardware. some people do not experience this bottleneck as much as others, its literally a lottery. the problem got really bad with there last optimization patch.  

game uses less that 500mb vram, so 4gbs vram will not help you at all, there are very few games out right now that will use over 2gb with there highest settings.

Yea, I just went ahead and bought a gtx 465 which should help a bit more and paid only 50$ for it and really on a budget right now. Game seems to be running pretty smooth now just some stutter here and there.  I do have some GPU lag in intense battle with other players around so it should at least help that.

Thank you all for the help.

9 hours ago, xSorrowx said:

Yea, I just went ahead and bought a gtx 465 which should help a bit more and paid only 50$ for it and really on a budget right now. Game seems to be running pretty smooth now just some stutter here and there.  I do have some GPU lag in intense battle with other players around so it should at least help that.

Thank you all for the help.

the "gpu lag" is your cpu not talking to your gpu when its under load. the more your cpu is used the less instructions get sent to your gpu. its the game client, and horrible use of available assets. you can use a monitor want watch your gpu go pretty much idol during a big fight. a better card is not going to help :/  this is why everyone is recommending cpu overclocking. its because all that matters once a few people are fighting the same thing is your cpu. it should not run this way regardless of engine. its some pretty horrible optimization on the developers part.  

the ironic part is the recommended processor for this game is trash compared to most pc built in the last 5 years, which makes it that much more obvious that the people who made this game suck at rule #1 for any MMO, make it playable to as many people as possible. more people more money. if it runs good more money. 

if it runs like a steaming pile of crap, smart people are saving there money for something that works. don't pay for crap. throw them a bone when they do good.   

Archived