Forums

Stuck in limbo need to make a decision fast!

Puppy Pie

Alright so I have made basically all the classes to 45 (besides KFM just didn't seem appealing) and I only have enough gold to gear out one character to true pirate before the patch (wanting to do this asap so it's cheaper plus after the patch I doubt what I have will cover it)

arena is the heart and soul behind the character I choose, but I want it to be well rounded for pve/open world (assuming they make open world more eventful)

with all that being said I have narrowed my choices down to a destroyer or FM which has made this choice very difficult for me seeing as they are both wildly different from each other. So my question to you is which class hold up through future patches?

Since I enjoy playing both classes I guess my deciding factor will be based on which holds up and does not get nerfed to the ground.

PS: The class I do not choose will get geared up in time the reason I am in a rush is because I want to gear at least one before the patch 

Both are top contenders... Jaesung for example mains FM and has no regrets. Don't make your decision about which class is stronger. Make the decision based on which class you prefer to play in PVE. Personally I'd go for the FM since ranged is simply easier on world bosses and such, which will only get tougher in the future. 

2 minutes ago, Kutsuu said:

Both are top contenders... Jaesung for example mains FM and has no regrets. Don't make your decision about which class is stronger. Make the decision based on which class you prefer to play in PVE. Personally I'd go for the FM since ranged is simply easier on world bosses and such, which will only get tougher in the future. 

True.

I want to gear out both or wish I could gear both now as they are both a ton of fun in pvp and pve, but I'm just scared I guess of wasting so much gold only to find out the character I chose will end up like the warlock.

9 minutes ago, Puppy Pie said:

True.

I want to gear out both or wish I could gear both now as they are both a ton of fun in pvp and pve, but I'm just scared I guess of wasting so much gold only to find out the character I chose will end up like the warlock.

Warlock was nerfed because it was too strong. They aren't the strongest anymore but are still mid pack, and still amazing in PVE. 

Just gear the char you prefer to play in PVE - balance patches come every 3 months roughly. There will be minor ups and downs. If Warlock is really so weak they will get something next patch. 

My recommendation remains FM due to the relative ease of fighting big world bosses. They get much worse in 50 content from my understanding, and melee will truly hate life. 

3 hours ago, Kutsuu said:

Warlock was nerfed because it was too strong. They aren't the strongest anymore but are still mid pack, and still amazing in PVE. 

Just gear the char you prefer to play in PVE - balance patches come every 3 months roughly. There will be minor ups and downs. If Warlock is really so weak they will get something next patch. 

My recommendation remains FM due to the relative ease of fighting big world bosses. They get much worse in 50 content from my understanding, and melee will truly hate life. 

I researched it a bit more and from what I have found (although some is hard to read since it's not in English lol)

You're right about the pve aspect of it so thank you for everything! I guess I will gear up the FM before the patch!!!!

poor destroyers but he will be next on my list once I see how bad it will be after the patch haha

Archived