How to fix FPS drops and Game Freezes!!??

lNanamil

Ok! Before the update, I can run this game in high setting, I can run E Fleet with 24 people around me. BUT!!!! Since this new "UPDATE" came out, MY GAME LAGS, MY GAME FREEZES, I CANT GET A HIT ON THE MAIN BOSS ON E FLEET!! ITS PISSING ME OFF!!! If there's a way to fix this ((No, not buying new upgrades for my pc because if i can run this game, theres no need for me to buy new parts.)), please give me tips on how to fix this. I know theres a way. I love this game, i play this every day. I love it on high settings, so if theres a way to keep it that way, let me hear it.

First tell us what cpu , graphics and ram your PC has.

No I will not tell you to upgrade parts, I just do not want to waste my time in case your parts are crap.

But if your pc is fine for this game then i may think what is possible cause.

The game is poor optimized nothing you can do about it.

My PC can run FFXIV and other game heavy graphics like FO4 at constant 120 FPS without any sudden dropping (note: dynamic event in FFXIV open world usually have over 100 ppls close to 200).

This game stand still with 10 ppls around you the FPS from 121 will drop to 95 FPS, and at any 24 mans boss and sometime it's only 6 ppls there to kill the boss the FPS dropped to 25~31 FPS....sometime it dropped to 10 FPS and even with Ctr+F the FPS still at 17 FPS

I7 6700k

GTX 980Ti

64GB DDR4

1TB SSD

This is my PC gaming so I don't have any trash softwares on it...it's only window and games! and I still get shitty FPS from BnS :)

14 minutes ago, marcnaw said:

First tell us what cpu , graphics and ram your PC has.

No I will not tell you to upgrade parts, I just do not want to waste my time in case your parts are crap.

But if your pc is fine for this game then i may think what is possible cause.

I'm sorry for the rage, I'm just stressed out with this. It's an old graphics card but I looked up if my system can run it and it says it can from GameDebate. Here it is. 

Radeon HD 7770 XFX Ultra OC Edition [1920 x 1080] ((Overclocked, havent tried the game not overclocked))

16GB Ram 

I would like updates on this matter as well, I have the same problem. When the launch happen and until the BSH update I had a smooth game running at 60 fps no hard drops or anything. Now after the update I get below 10 fps in fights and the game keeps stuttering. NCSupport are hands up after sending me a ton of bot replies and I've absolutely no idea on how to fix this.

Intel i3-4170 3.70Ghz

GeForce GTX 950

Got the same problem , a lot of micro freezes on GTX 860m not only that but a weird problem , using 800*600 resolution doesn't really make much difference compared to 1080p considering the fps(35~70 depending on the areas) ,even turning everything to low doesn't seem to help that much , it just reduces the rate of the the stuttering which never stops (you can imagine how it ruins everything in a pvp especially when you're trying to start a combo) 

When I played in closed beta, I had avg 60-80 fps, now I get pretty bad drops (10-18).

i3-4150
GTX 650

I play other games (FFXIV, WoW, Tera, D3, LoL) and don't have this issue. I get the game isn't optimized, but is there anything we can do?

there are a few threads that helps me a bit, dont expect anything amazing i have an i7 running at 3.9 and im getting 35 fps with alot of people around. 60fps open world with some stutters. have not tested 24 man performance yet or BW. my gpu is a 960 but yours should run it the same seeing mine runs at 20% utilization. basically whatever they did with some systems the cpu optimization for this gfame swent out the window , and your gpu is not getting enough workload from your cpu so it basically sits idle when there is alot of people around. this can cause your gpu to using its lower clocks, because it has no reason to be running at full power. its a bottleneck.

1st step is to add the client to the blade and soul profile. 

do this using nvidia inspector, click the button next to your driver towards the middle of the application, use the drop menu and type blade and soul. 

find the add application to profile button find your installation of BnS and in the bin folder select client.exe lower left hand drop menu select absolute path and hit ok.

apply settings and your good. 

there are other versions of this fix, the threaded optimization  fix everyone is talking about is for OpenGL only, it does nothing for a directx game, if you have applied it set it to auto.

there is also a memory allocation policy change that is popular, again this is a placebo, on or off this game does not use that much vram and using it will not make it use more. 

set to use as needed if you have this fix it does not change anything about vram usage or efficiency.

the second step can be found here, i followed these steps reasonably close and gained 5 fps under load, i found that the dedicated profile did not help me but its worth trying.

also a note on overclocking GPUs with this game if AMD works anything like nvidia cards you will hit a utilization limiter running this game, not enough of the cards processing power is needed so it ignores overclock settings and possibly downclocks. (msi afterburner is good for locking your gpu at stock 3d clock when this happens but it wont overclock because of the cards bios.) honestly your mhz does not really matter when this happens because your cards pretty much not in use.

the third step is one i personally took that seemed to help the most.

i locked my i7 in boost mode (may not be an option for you)

disabled speedstep and c states 

Edited my registry to disable core parking and cpu throttling. - if i could remember where i found the guide for this i would link it, was a long day.

i also use Process lasso to automatically set the game to high priority when it starts, this program also features a mode that lowers other processes priority and affinity dynamically while you play (make sure to exclude client.exe from this feature, and any other games you run with this software on. the feature is called pro balance.)

Edit: i found the registry edits for Cpus, be warned this takes awhile, take the text put it in wordpad and make some spaces so your eyes dont bleed. once you set this all up you need to go into your power profile and setup the changes, you will see a whole bunch of hidden processor options you never knew existed.

its the wall of text 9th post.

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/8002-how-do-i-disable-core-parking-windows-10-build-10162-a.html

all we can do is pray the next patch fixes this mess, like i said im playable now for the most part however my performance is still pretty meh for a 5 year old game :/

• 5 months later...
On 23.2.2016 at 1:19 AM, Krad said:

I would like updates on this matter as well, I have the same problem. When the launch happen and until the BSH update I had a smooth game running at 60 fps no hard drops or anything. Now after the update I get below 10 fps in fights and the game keeps stuttering. NCSupport are hands up after sending me a ton of bot replies and I've absolutely no idea on how to fix this.

Intel i3-4170 3.70Ghz

GeForce GTX 950

How is BnS running now? i was about to buy the same GPU and CPU :)

Archived