Threat VS Attack Power!

BooLNT

Threat is a stat value. Your character has a basic threat value. Certain items increase or decrease threat value - certain skills will increase/decrease it too.

I don´t believe Attack power has any threat modifier - attack power increase mainly the damage modifier and for summoners, also modifies cat stats.

14 minutes ago, Duniak said:
14 minutes ago, Duniak said:

Damage output directly translates to aggro, so does threat. Threat will be better for holding aggro.

Damage output directly translates to aggro, so does threat. Threat will be better for holding aggro.

I wish it was that simple.

While you´re right in general. There seems to be alot of exceptions and rules - and perhaps even some bugs about this.
- Certain items increase threat
- Certain skills generate threat and some specifically does not generate threat
- Certain mob or boss patterns have different aggro patterns - regardless of threat.
- Aggro can not always change due to higher dps. Consider the situation where a person holds aggro and is low hp. His dps falls to zero as he tries to escape and heal back up. Often the boss will keep aggro on that person regardless.

and lots more.

I often can hold aggro during a boss fight. But at the open world bosses that gives wheel essences - with 10 players hitting the boss - and me having aggro during at least 70% of the time, I´ll usually only get 2 essences and a few times maybe 3.

Archived