Fix your summoners

TheStevieJ

20 minutes ago, Vexe said:

I'm not even using Huzzah in PvP.

In most cases it's a waste of health and you can just use crouching tiger & Doom'n'Bloom to keep a House Cat's health close to 100% (it should never be Alley Cat, unless you catch a player who never attacks the cat). Predict when the enemy will switch to the cat. In emergencies we can shield it with True Friend or Beckon --> Lunge it out of danger.

You guys complain about pretty much everything we do, but the real problem is that we do way too much damage for a class with so many advantages.

I rarely complain about summoners, my opinion is still that the learning curve is so low which is why they dominate bronze-low plat.

As a BM, I basically have to decide in the first 10 seconds, is the summoner good with his pet or not, if not I can go for the cat for a quick burst, problem is even if they aren't good with the pet and if i don't finish it off in one go they can heal the hell out of it, then that's my blade call on CD and my first mitsake of the match, in which there is generally no recovery for me as a BM against a summoner, I'm not diamond I'm not good enough to recover from that like Killing god/Enol/Cass are.

So my point was going for the cat is just not really a viable option most of the time which then limits my options. I can deal with a 20% heal over 5 seconds with an 18 second cool down, but if you add that to an emergency heal from huzzah when the pets low and the other options you have, it becomes a hell of a lot.

Maybe it's not the right way to go about balancing them, I was just trying to offer up something that wouldn't nerf summoners much, while still raising their skill floor and giving other classes at least an option. 

Yep. Focusing on a House Cat is usually suicide. While you're busy with the cat, they can Nettle/Doom --> Sunflower --> Super Sunflower spam your ass.

The only thing nerfing Huzzah does is make their life harder in PvE and maybe 3vs3. Not 1vs1 PvP.

9 minutes ago, Vexe said:

The only thing nerfing Huzzah does is make their life harder in PvE and maybe 3vs3. Not 1vs1 PvP.

Fair enough, willing to take a summoners opinion on that one then as I don't play the class myself.

To be honest, my biggest issue is just my burst against that class. Someone give me Lightning Draw Stage 2 book please...thanks.

Archived