"Equality" and "fair matches"

Roseyfire

Can we have a serious discussion about matching? It's supposed to be fair match against everyone, where you have a fair chance, right? That's definitely NOT the case with the set up. A level 23 Assassin should be paired against the same level-range and rank, but that NEVER happens. Constantly getting paired against level 45 (with 2 hongmoon levels) Destroyers who are platinum rank, when I'm bronze (now finally silver). That is a HORRIBLE match. On top of that, we have to do PvP for skill level ups, and in order to get good Xp for leveling up. This is seriously broken. Can we PLEASE get this fixed?

well a lvl 23 sin will never get a match if they put this way, but we can fix this if they give <45 players a forced premade build without h.m levels sp, so if someone with lower level want to pvp they have a "full set of skill" and force them to pve level and do all quest if they want hongmoon and a own build

7 hours ago, Roseyfire said:

Can we have a serious discussion about matching? It's supposed to be fair match against everyone, where you have a fair chance, right? That's definitely NOT the case with the set up. A level 23 Assassin should be paired against the same level-range and rank, but that NEVER happens. Constantly getting paired against level 45 (with 2 hongmoon levels) Destroyers who are platinum rank, when I'm bronze (now finally silver). That is a HORRIBLE match. On top of that, we have to do PvP for skill level ups, and in order to get good Xp for leveling up. This is seriously broken. Can we PLEASE get this fixed?

Yea you must be understanding something wrong here. You can never be forced to fight a platinum ranked player if you are bronze. You can however play against silvers in bronze. I, like you, found this to be entirely frustrating to play against when i first started, but now i kind of enjoy it as i steam roll every one to gold at inferior levels compared to them. Also lvling up in pvp is kind of a silly way of going about things as you would have to be consistently winning to even see something worthwhile. So 2 things for the current system.... 1) if for some reason they changed the xp reward ratio for the losing player might make it so that might just be easier to just lose and blow through levels with no effort.... 2) the rank system would have to be overhauled or just outright restricted to max lvl players which would split the community, and putting brackets for specific lvl ranges would even more so. I feel the system is balanced around you fighting some one who is more around your skill lvl regardless of your character lvl which has it's goods and bads.

Archived