Lightning Crash vs Lightning Pierce/Rod Build

VaneQuish

1 hour ago, EternalDream said:

>Not using Spinal Tap 3-1 to lower Shadow Drain CD on the Lightning Pierce/Rod Build

>Not starting the fight with Choke Bomb for 5 poison stacks and using Time Bomb/Grenade to reset stacks on Lightning Pierce/Rod build.

That's not a proper Pierce/Rod build there mate.

Yeah I never used the Pierce/Rod build to much and if I would have known that it probably would have lowered the time a bit more but imo Lightning Pierce has a longer animation and so does Spinal Tap which makes it feel a little slower then ani cancelling with RB + F. Choke Bomb and Time Bomb is a great combo but that's really an opener and can't be used as efficiently solo for a perma stealth build, but again that is my opinion.

19 minutes ago, VaneQuish said:

Yeah I never used the Pierce/Rod build to much and if I would have known that it probably would have lowered the time a bit more but imo Lightning Pierce has a longer animation and so does Spinal Tap which makes it feel a little slower then ani cancelling with RB + F. Choke Bomb and Time Bomb is a great combo but that's really an opener and can't be used as efficiently solo for a perma stealth build, but again that is my opinion.

Spinal Tap itself can be anicancelled by Lightning Rod, nulifying the slow animation on it. Basically, you use RMB -> F -> LMB -> 4 after resetting stealth with Shadow Drain, and it makes it so you can always restealth with SS, never having to backpedal manually for stealth running out.

Yes, Choke Bomb/Time Bomb is indeed an opener only, but it still cuts down time quite a bit considering it removes one RB F for every 4 for roughly 20 seconds (Poison Duration x2)

23 minutes ago, EternalDream said:

Spinal Tap itself can be anicancelled by Lightning Rod, nulifying the slow animation on it. Basically, you use RMB -> F -> LMB -> 4 after resetting stealth with Shadow Drain, and it makes it so you can always restealth with SS, never having to backpedal manually for stealth running out.

Yes, Choke Bomb/Time Bomb is indeed an opener only, but it still cuts down time quite a bit considering it removes one RB F for every 4 for roughly 20 seconds (Poison Duration x2)

I know that you can ani cancel the spinal tap animation but I still feel its unnecessary since backing out and pressing 1 takes about the same time as SS + 1. I also get a little more focus starved whenever I use LMB since it costs 2 focus and requires you to use Poison Bomb which is another 2 focus for the second use of Shadow Drain. All of that is really time consuming and can be prone to more errors (which I make a lot of) leading to more work then a cookie cutter build. It does more damage though I will give you that but It's a lot more work for the gain you get. When we get a way to better stack 5 poison Lightning Rod/Pierce will become without a doubt the winner though. All this considered I wish we had a DPS meter instead of doing all this and getting less than adequate data to analyze.

4 hours ago, Shadovvv said:

Um... why Choke Bomb...? And how do you stealth after Choke?

At the start of a fight, either Windwalk -> 4 -> RMB (You can still use the windwalk RMB before choke bomb kicks you into combat mode) or just 4 -> 1 at the back of a target.

Example video:

Archived