Boss ''CC'' Mechanics

Ambition

You have to use 2 times CC of the same type in short time. For example - Blade dancer have 2 knock downs (1 and 3), so you have to use 1 first, and then 3 to knock down the boss. But as i seen the time of reaction to use an knock down skills (like KFM Grapple) is really short, so you have to use it fast.

You use an initial CC attack and you follow it up with another CC attack of the same type.

Best Example I can give is KFM Stun. If I'm soloing a boss with KFM and I wanna stun them, I hit my V button skilled to Stun first, that shows as STUN on the Boss' HP Bar and I will see the blue outline of the boss (the outline is basically a 'prediction' of what will happen to the boss). I will then follow it up with my Z attack skilled to stun as soon as I see that outline of the boss, this will instantly stun them. After that I will take the opportunity to either Grapple them or air combo grapple them to get as much damage as I can on the boss because the boss has about 2 seconds and then it recovers. The bars under the boss will show as gray meaning that there is currently something that is preventing the boss from receiving any sort of CC on it (in my case, it's been grapples so it can't get up). Once that is done, the boss' CC bars reset and I can use a different combination of CC attacks to once again CC the boss. 

In short:

>Use a CC skill (stun, daze, knockdown, whichever you choose)

>Use another skill that matches your previous CC (stun -> stun, daze -> daze, knockdown ->knockdown) to actually apply CC

>Attack them as much as you can (Grapple them for KFM, Grab them for Destroyer, Air combo them for other jobs, let summon grapple boss for summoner) 

>Repeat the cycle using a different CC (because your previous CC combination will most likely be in cooldown) 

Just now, Ambition said:

uh okay so how do i procc it as a BM then? i have a knockdown on 3 and a stun on X/C and do you have to do it a certain time, or can you always CC him?

You can hit them with X first which they will resist, then you quickly follow it with C which will stun them. You can do it the other way around and start with C then stun with X.

If you have another Knockdown skill (I'm sure BM has another skill for knockdown, can't remember which). You can use one knockdown skill to start then follow it up with another skill that knocks down. 

3 minutes ago, TopKEK said:

You use an initial CC attack and you follow it up with another CC attack of the same type.

Best Example I can give is KFM Stun. If I'm soloing a boss with KFM and I wanna stun them, I hit my V button skilled to Stun first, that shows as STUN on the Boss' HP Bar and I will see the blue outline of the boss (the outline is basically a 'prediction' of what will happen to the boss). I will then follow it up with my Z attack skilled to stun as soon as I see that outline of the boss, this will instantly stun them. After that I will take the opportunity to either Grapple them or air combo grapple them to get as much damage as I can on the boss because the boss has about 2 seconds and then it recovers. The bars under the boss will show as gray meaning that there is currently something that is preventing the boss from receiving any sort of CC on it (in my case, it's been grapples so it can't get up). Once that is done, the boss' CC bars reset and I can use a different combination of CC attacks to once again CC the boss. 

In short:

>Use a CC skill (stun, daze, knockdown, whichever you choose)

>Use another skill that matches your previous CC (stun -> stun, daze -> daze, knockdown ->knockdown) to actually apply CC

>Attack them as much as you can (Grapple them for KFM, Grab them for Destroyer, Air combo them for other jobs, let summon grapple boss for summoner) 

>Repeat the cycle using a different CC (because your previous CC combination will most likely be in cooldown) 

You can hit them with X first which they will resist, then you quickly follow it with C which will stun them. You can do it the other way around and start with C then stun with X.

If you have another Knockdown skill (I'm sure BM has another skill for knockdown, can't remember which). You can use one knockdown skill to start then follow it up with another skill that knocks down. 

thnx for the nice explanation any idea, what BM has for another knockdown? i can only think of 3 tbh btw now i know why i cant get passed floor 4 in mushin, i never used CC, cause i had no clue how i kept spamming 3 or C and it would say ''resist'' xD troll 

Just now, Ambition said:

thnx for the nice explanation any idea, what BM has for another knockdown? i can only think of 3 tbh btw now i know why i cant get passed floor 4 in mushin, i never used CC, cause i had no clue how i kept spamming 3 or C and it would say ''resist'' xD troll 

I would look into your skills and read descriptions of skills. Different tiers have different stats. I can't get on BnS right now because I'm working but when I do, I'll try figure out which other skill has knockdown on BM unless someone else can mention it for ya. 

2 minutes ago, TopKEK said:

I would look into your skills and read descriptions of skills. Different tiers have different stats. I can't get on BnS right now because I'm working but when I do, I'll try figure out which other skill has knockdown on BM unless someone else can mention it for ya. 

cool thanks :) i think knockdown is better than stun thats why :P

I haven't played a BM, but looking through their skills on a skill tree calculator, there are three options I can see.

1) There are two skills you have that can inflict daze: Tab, when skilled up to Tier 2 Stage 2, and C in Normal Stance.

2) There are also two skills you have that can stun: Normal Stance X, when the opponent is either casting something or blocking, and Normal Stance 2, when skilled up to Tier 2 Stage 1.

3) You've noticed that 3 can knockdown; your Z, when skilled up to Tier 3 Stage 1, also inflicts knockdown, so there's your second stack.

15 minutes ago, Bluerose said:

I haven't played a BM, but looking through their skills on a skill tree calculator, there are three options I can see.

1) There are two skills you have that can inflict daze: Tab, when skilled up to Tier 2 Stage 2, and C in Normal Stance.

2) There are also two skills you have that can stun: Normal Stance X, when the opponent is either casting something or blocking, and Normal Stance 2, when skilled up to Tier 2 Stage 1.

3) You've noticed that 3 can knockdown; your Z, when skilled up to Tier 3 Stage 1, also inflicts knockdown, so there's your second stack.

Thnx Rose really kind, can some one maybe also explain to me a joint attack? sometimes i can hit space and it will do a joint attack how do i accomplish this? ^_^

Joint attacks are the technical term for the mechanic you're trying to pull off, to CC bosses.

The prompt appears if someone uses a stack of some form of CC, and you have a skill that can follow up to complete the stack. Like for example, if someone tries to use knockdown, Anklebiter might come up, for example.

In my opinion, usually it's better to rely on actually pressing your skill button rather than relying on pressing the spacebar to complete the attack, but that's partially a mindset that comes from TERA and the fact that the spacebar is the default chain key there. But that's up to you. Pressing spacebar or the skill's actual key will work fine either way.

2 hours ago, Bluerose said:

Joint attacks are the technical term for the mechanic you're trying to pull off, to CC bosses.

The prompt appears if someone uses a stack of some form of CC, and you have a skill that can follow up to complete the stack. Like for example, if someone tries to use knockdown, Anklebiter might come up, for example.

In my opinion, usually it's better to rely on actually pressing your skill button rather than relying on pressing the spacebar to complete the attack, but that's partially a mindset that comes from TERA and the fact that the spacebar is the default chain key there. But that's up to you. Pressing spacebar or the skill's actual key will work fine either way.

aaaaaah i see! nice, but why would you rather press the actualy key rather than spacebar? that sounds way easier :P

Just now, Ambition said:

aaaaaah i see! nice, but why would you rather press the actualy key rather than spacebar? that sounds way easier :P

Actually that would be because space bar is tied to jumping. 

When you're doing Joint Attacks with other people, you'll realize it's much easier to use the actual button rather than space bar because space bar needs a certain distance from the boss to actually activate. I realized that because even though I kept pressing space when there's an opportunity for CC via Joint Attacks, my character just kept jumping like an idiot despite the fact that I'm at the distance where most of my CC attacks will actually reach the boss (especially Leg Sweep for KFM). 

Archived