I think we've seen enough QQ about balance, and I'd really like to hear NCsoft's thought process when it comes to decisions

CynicalFyre

I think that nobody is going to argue against the balance of the game being royally f*cked right now. Except maybe those who it benefits, some classes have the easiest time in PvE (sin and summoner) since they can just solo everything and do what nobody else can. And in PvP it's just a nightmare with summoners every other game, Blademasters basically stop existing past 1750 and the top 10 players in EU always contain at least 5 summoners, occasionally six or even seven. I've yet to see a forcemaster or assassin even get to the top ten.

The balance is utterly screwed beyond belief, but I'm not here to QQ about that (though it can be argued that I already just did)

I think what would really help is if we could have some sort of statement from NCsoft on why they released this patch like they did, maybe explaining the thought process that went into the balance of each class, as it is right now, there's a huge gap between summoner and everyone else, with summoner being on top.

Crap I don't want to see in this thread.

50 cap will be balanced: Well we're not getting it for a while so be quiet, I want the game balanced NOW, it's not acceptable that we have to wait months or even years for that.

Git gud/QQ/you're just bad: Doesn't even need explaining, if you say this then you lose all credibility in this discussion.

Anything about Summoners being balanced:

They're played more so ofc they get more representation: Come back with hard numbers and proof, By and large, western audiences are not attracted to the cutesy look, simply take a look at FFXIV. The small and childlike characters there aren't nearly as popular as Lyn are here, obviously the racelocked classes are making a difference

Everyone rerolled to summoner after the patch: Do you even know the sheer amount of rerolls it would have taken to get us to this point? That theory is nigh impossible.

Summoner beats people who don't know how to play against them:  Every class does that. Difference is that summoner's skill floor is currently in orbit and even if you're bad, you'll do well.

Now don't go mistaking this for a summoner hate thread, It's just not on topic to argue about the balance of summoner right now and I wanted to quell any discussion before it began.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you have some good points here problem is we have a patch for things (skills) we don't have. we at lvl 45 the patch is for lvl 50 and lvl 50 after some long play time.

Summoner  is basically 2 opponents so he is at the top from the start.problem is when we will get the lvl 50 things we most likely will get warlock at his op state. it was more op that summoner. nc just dont give a *cricket* really, that why we are getting patches that are outdated by something like 2 years.

i like the pve in this game , its nice fro me, but i feel sory for all the people wanted a good 1 on 1 pvp.

1 minute ago, Tikku said:

We follow the same timeline and patches they released in korea like 3 years ago. They aren't nerfing or buffing anything just for us. Better balance will happen, just wait the patches. 

omg if korean  patches  are  balanced why not give them to use now? why mae use play an unbalanced game?what the poitnt of it?

2 minutes ago, SamsaraLotus said:

omg if korean  patches  are  balanced why not give them to use now? why mae use play an unbalanced game?what the poitnt of it?

Money. If they give us all the content now, the game is screwed. I don't like it either, but thats the way it is.

5 minutes ago, Kirren said:

He wants every thing to be perfectly balance and RIGHT now every thing has to be perfect!!!! NOWWWW every thing is soooo unbalanced FIXXX ITTTT!!!

Doesn't everyone want a perfectly balanced game as soon as possible?

Regardless, that's not what I was asking. I want NCsoft to explain their decisions, I just want to understand more than I want buffs or nerfs.

Thats a questions for the NCsoft. something about catch up or something like that. But when we do get the 50 patch a couple of months from now things will be better. NOT PERFECT but better there is no perfect balanced in games some one will always fill like the grass is greener on another class!

Yeh the only thing we can do now is Suck it up or play something else till then i know its shitty hell i almost go back to playing the JP version cause Warlock is my main so i have to waste gold on upgrading a character that wont be my main but. Thats just how it is atm. but what i recomend is just do your dailys then go play some other stuff! till 50 patch or level another class and farm soulstones and make gold. 

22 minutes ago, SamsaraLotus said:

ywe most likely will get warlock at his op state. it was more op that summoner. nc just dont give a *cricket* really, that why we are getting patches that are outdated by something like 2 years.

we will not get warlock at OP state because we already got last skills set. WE get the warlock nerfed to the ground. Julianne already said that :D

I think we're seeing a lot of "wait for 50 patch" and I just don't think that's a good solution

"it has broken, we shall wait until it fixes itself"

do you not see the flaws in that? Is it really something the community ought to just grin and bear?

The arena is just frankly not as fun for a huge portion of the playerbase since certain classes are just not going to have a good time in there, Assassin is currently hardcountered by the most popular classes out there, BM is still waiting on those 50 patch skills etc etc.

Why is it that such a huge part of the community misses out on such a huge part of the game because NCsoft gave us the wrong things at the wrong time.

At the very least they owe us an explanation

1 minute ago, CynicalFyre said:

thI think we're seeing a lot of "wait for 50 patch" and I just don't think that's a good solution

"it has broken, we shall wait until it fixes itself"

do you not see the flaws in that? Is it really something the community ought to just grin and bear?

The arena is just frankly not fun for a huge portion of the playerbase since certain classes are just not going to have a good time in there, Assassin is currently hardcountered by the most popular classes out there, BM is still waiting on those 50 patch skills etc etc.

Why is it that such a huge part of the community misses out on such a huge part of the game because NCsoft gave us the wrong things at the wrong time.

At the very least they owe us an explanation

the community is voicing the problems daily. go look at reddit. its the "fan boys and the white knights" or just the people from NC (using fake accounts) what say all good just wait.

Archived