ok wtf is going on when...

fhoeng

I'm a BM, i was just doing my daily on my 2nd BM for some exp leveling, on my last daily I ran into a lyn BD.

This BD begin to resist just about every CC I threw out. If he was spining, fine, my fault for his resist. But then I wait for him to finish spining and do a normal slash, and then he still resist me! wtf is going on? This go on the entire match, I can't seemingly hit him with any CC at any time! The only time I got him on cc is with my rush stun from distance when he was walking toward me, and he instantly pop out of the stun with his escape. It felt like I had to press f at the same time as my rush stun to hit him with take flight.

So I am left to wonder, is he lagging? or I am lagging? He got huge ping advantage on me or something? I am playing from east coast USA. My ping to dallas usually should be 50ish...? BnS server is not special I hope?

Or is this learn to play issue? Do anyone know a video where it show ping advantage clearly (so i know what it look like)?

During their spin they can spec for an ability (F) that'll work like a second immunity buff (just like their z). Both buffs are about 4-5 seconds each.

If it's the immunity that activates during the spin it means he doesn't have the parry component to his spin so go ham when you see he's vulnerable. I think the visual effect is a bubble kinda thing but I'm not sure.

Probably Guardian Tempest, assuming he's not spinning and you're not talking about the immunity effect from that spec. Gives all damage and CC immunity, 5 seconds or 5 hits. Appears as a silvery cylinder around the BD with swords. Note that Five Point Strike and Dual Strike can also be specced to offer complete damage and CC immunity.

//EDIT: Come to think of it, BD has like 8 skills that offer damage or CC immunity. Oh, and a combo that deals 60-70% of an opponent's health.

Ok, currently I am assuming the BD spec everything to resist CC and chain cast them after another to try to go ham. The guy must have been max hongmoon level or something, since he was doing shit ton of damage while being immune, naturally my lowbie BM didn't stand a chance mathematically. I tried to be aggressive, but I suppose that got me beat with this kind of resist chaining.

Wasn't expecting to run into BD that behave like dest defense wise. This new patch certainly throw a wrench on my expectation of the match up. Next time I will just make him blow one CC immune buff and run away to scatter his immune buff CD before I go ham on it, so he can't keep chaining them.

I will conclude it as L2P for now. Thx for the infos.

edit: Ok nvm, if this

is true... then that's what I ran into.

It doesn't take Hongmoon levels to be both immune to stuff and deal high damage as a BD. It only takes like 6 skill points to prepare a draw stance ready for heavy damage (more points if you want to specialize into it so that it becomes devastating), so even a wind BD can have it ready at HM1.

Just be careful to have a stun/daze/knockdown recovery ready so they don't catch you with draw stance (swift lightning slashes) and do not allow them to hit you more than once during grab (Phantom Grip --> Soul Stab --> Blade Storm is a short DoT that hurts a lot). If they have 3 orbs to the right of them, they could also use a whiplike instant high damage skill in a thin line in front of them, followed by rapid wind slashes, so keep moving. There are 2 dash skills that hit 4-5 times (Multislash and 5 point strike), the one that hits from the front you want to avoid the 4th hit no matter what (readies the whiplike attack), the one that hits from side to side will either heal the BD or daze+airborne you so block everyhit.

As for defense, if you see a sword circling them, don't attack them for 5 seconds. If you see them spin, don't attack for 0.5 seconds (parry) and avoid using stun/daze/knockdown. If you notice that the BD became faster after the spin ended, he'll be immune for 2 seconds. Do not worry if he spins often, spinning uses up 2 focus (out of 10) and recovers 3 focus if you let him parry you.

9 minutes ago, Vexe said:

snip

I assume you play a BD, do you know anything about that bug from the other thread? Immunity while doing normal attack for a LONG time or something?

Honestly, that BD immunity dude from last night was the only BD I have ever ran into that score near perfect on me. (like 95% hp left?)

I'm a gold 1vs1 and 3vs3 BD, so far I have never seen it happen and I played a lot yesterday to return to silver (and hopefully today gold). I launch players a lot, but neither I nor my enemy BDs got bugged.

I guess that exploit is caused by launching the enemy airborne, using a 100% evasion skill (anti-airborne) and then somehow canceling it? Don't know.

Archived