Combat Lag (spikes)

nowai

Hello,

At the beginning of the launch I've had no issues with lag whatsoever up until 1-2 weeks ago.

When I execute an ability it doesn't do anything for half a second up to several seconds and then suddenly everything happens really fast.

I've pinged to the servers but my ping seems pretty stable and I don't experience any issues with other games as well.

I'm wondering whether this is a known issue and how it can be fixed?

- nowai

1 hour ago, Travesty said:

Same issue here... EU server, its actually very common, still waiting for them to fix it

It is extremely frustrating :( Are you sure it's the servers? My friend has a smooth gameplay experience and he lives nearby.

I dont know if my problem relates to you but my assassin had problems with abilities. Every attack would have a second delay after I hit the button. Now its not like you were it would actually lag for a second and then speed up so it can catch up to real time. It was strictly just a delay after every command. This only happpens in combat too. Everything works fine when I'm not fighting/aggro'd, the game ran fine. 

I only have time to play this game on the weekends  so I just noticed this problem last night. It worked fine last weekened.  Looking around and I found that there was an update for my nvidia driver that became available just a little over a week ago. I updated and tried again. Everything is now working fine again. All my abilities work instantaneously (other than the casting time ones).

Like I said, not exactly the same problem you had, but maybe something you can look into?

Im realy diasppointed. I have expected that long beta test will eliminate basic issues. But this lag spikes are unforgiveable. While playing KFM they make this class totaly unable to play its especialy frustrating while trying to do Dreadtide Arena...

Does NCSOFT reply to threads like this that anyone is aware of? I refuse to spend anymore money on this game before they address these basic issues. Right now people that have these issues can't do any competitive PvP because timing things is impossible with these issues. I honestly don't care about any patch until they address this specific issue. Stability is one of the basics. The issue persists for several weeks now.

Archived