Assassin or Blade Master?

Xiuyu

Just now, Ambition said:

Assassin for soloand BM for survivability as far as i know, although i am 45 BM and i really wouldnt advice playing it tbh, i cant tank alot and i dont do alot of dmg, although i heard BM is getting buffs.

That's what I feel too kind of. I have a 19 BM and 6 assassin. The assassin at level 6 is definitely doing a lot more damage than BM did at 6. I'm getting 6 of those Jiangshi's essence at once now instead of 2 I got as a BM. But I can't block, so it's kind of hard to not take damage. Why is assassin better for solo though, if it has lower survivability? Is it because of the extra damage and stealth?

Max lvl BM in pve feels literally as if you can solo everything in the game. God tier block and stronk DPS. Sin can just perma stealth and dps but afaik some mobs/bosses see stealth. Sin has the best single target damage in the game though, but crap/no aoes.

10 minutes ago, Kyojin said:

Max lvl BM in pve feels literally as if you can solo everything in the game. God tier block and stronk DPS. Sin can just perma stealth and dps but afaik some mobs/bosses see stealth. Sin has the best single target damage in the game though, but crap/no aoes.

strong DPS? you must be a beast BM then, i feel i do 0 dmg

3 minutes ago, duber said:

___https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0q_JJJpSNIM

I rolled a sin and gave up on it.  Then I looked at that vid and now it's my favorite class.  BM seems needlessly complex, at least for me since I just want a farming/solo class.  If you want melee aoe, roll destroyer.

Looks great. Forget aoe, I'll just be an assassin. Now I just need to wait 7 days to delete my BM because I want my BM's name. Thanks NCSoft.

1 minute ago, Ambition said:

strong DPS? you must be a beast BM then, i feel i do 0 dmg

I crit my RB on draw stance for 6-8k, flash draw crits for 9, sometimes 11k and you can spam those infinitely if you know how to manage your chi, not to mention the 1minute god tier burst aoe ticks which do nearly 10k damage each second WHILE you are going ham with your draw stance RB.. I literally see my hits melting the boss, idk why people say it does low dmg lol.

6 minutes ago, Xiuyu said:

How's Assassin's aoe? Nothing good?

Your good aoes have long cooldowns (landmine + t3f2 shadow stab is 36s, poison breath is 45-60s, etc) so you can do some burst but you don't have any decent sustainable aoe.

11 minutes ago, duber said:

One little mistake, dark strike only works in decoy stance unless you spec into f3 (lightning pierce).  In stealth stance heart strike readies lightning crash which can't be upgraded. Everything else is right on the money.

Archived