Force master VS (Enter Classes name here)

Seva

So i recently got my FM to level 43 , i have been gold since level 30  ( Not max but still got most of the skill points that i need along with the skills) and i sadly have had a hard time 1v1'ing a few classes so i was hoping you guys could guide me and give me a few tips 

First of all , Blade Master : No matter what i do i'll always have a hard time against BMs. I asked in faction chat and in region arena pvp chat and most of the people said "Try and go behind them to stun them " and so on . I am  sure there's more behind that so i'd appreciate it if you kind people could guide me through that simple "go behind and stun " process

Assassin : Well the only problem here is that i basically can't really see them ( no shit right ) . I try to pop them out of stealth with my Q and i try to freeze myself till the duration of the stealth ends but still i feel like that's not the correct way to do it e.e 

I would appreciate it if you guys actually gave me some tips on how to act against such classes

I am really sorry for any grammar/spelling mistakes 

Your best bet aganist a blade master is using AoE to deal damage and constantly trying to keep up distance. Learn about blade master combos and you will know when they unleash big damage , use your self-freeze right when blade master starts the "big damage" combo

19 hours ago, Seva said:

Assassin : Well the only problem here is that i basically can't really see them ( no shit right ) . I try to pop them out of stealth with my Q and i try to freeze myself till the duration of the stealth ends but still i feel like that's not the correct way to do it e.e

Stealth always puts them in the same position, depending on the skill used:

Shadow Dance: their Q (=strafe), if they time it right as you are about to hit them, grants stealth.

Shadow Dash: dashes towards you, if used from behind, grants stealth.

Decoy/Counter: if you hit them during the animation, they port invisible behind you, same for ground counter.

Blink Step: ports behind you and grants stealth, only usable out of combat.

Stealth: their TAB escape, usable only when CCed, rolls them 8m backwards, stealths + flashbang effect.

Swiftstep: ports them behind you, then stuns, then rolls 8m backwards (can be animation canceled) and with two skillpoints grants stealth - used to renew stealth, since it can only be used in Stealth Stance.

So, the Sin can only use the first three, if he is out of stealth (+ the 4th, at the start of the match, or if he managed to drop combat) and 2 of them, require you to hit him to go invis. Also, when they do go invis, they are either right behind you, or 8m away.

Keep in mind this is coming from a BM main: The biggest thing to worry about when fighting BM is their parry stuns from block. First, try not to spam any attacks on them from long range. Due to projectile travel time, a decent BM will have plenty of time to react and parry stun you consistently, which leaves you wide open for a combo. Try to stay within 5-10m of them and use your dashes to juke them and get behind for openings. The short range makes it harder for them to time parries and easier for you to get behind them. If you root them while their SS is on cooldown (8s CD) and they don't have a cyclone slash from blocking one of your attacks (cyclone slash also breaks root and is triggered by blocking an attack), you can get behind them and do serious damage. Keep in mind that when they SS, their gap closers become available and they will almost always hit you with one of them - 5-point slash (daze into knockup), 2 stun, or their C daze - you should be prepared to iframe it. 

11 hours ago, Kutsuu said:

Keep in mind this is coming from a BM main: The biggest thing to worry about when fighting BM is their parry stuns from block. First, try not to spam any attacks on them from long range. Due to projectile travel time, a decent BM will have plenty of time to react and parry stun you consistently, which leaves you wide open for a combo. Try to stay within 5-10m of them and use your dashes to juke them and get behind for openings. The short range makes it harder for them to time parries and easier for you to get behind them. If you root them while their SS is on cooldown (8s CD) and they don't have a cyclone slash from blocking one of your attacks (cyclone slash also breaks root and is triggered by blocking an attack), you can get behind them and do serious damage. Keep in mind that when they SS, their gap closers become available and they will almost always hit you with one of them - 5-point slash (daze into knockup), 2 stun, or their C daze - you should be prepared to iframe it. 

Finally, someone with tips. SOmetimes it just feels retarded trying to fight BM as FM, especially when they turn on their resist for god knows how long. Im always afraid of using the dash to go behind them (since i have to be super close to do the flip), so i try to bait out their blocks and mind game on my projectiles to stack a frees. But some of them literally just permanently stand there and press block forever, and im afraid of eating a combo if i walk up to go behind them, if i circle around they just turn with me anyways and hold block. i am already keeping about 5-10 m and i also optimize for faster projectile speeds as well

Main things when fighting a sin is blocking shadow dagger and body swap with divine and popping them out of stealth with impact. Really important to learn their skills though if anything imo sins are the class everyone should learn their skills because once its understood have a better chance while this applies to all classes I feel like its the most important for sins.

Snowball skilled to T4S2 will break through block.

Defensive skills means BM block, KFM counter, Sin counter and summoner counter. Do note it does not mean destroyer spin or BD spin, since those are parry/resist.

If you hit a BM with snowball while he is holding the block it will go right through, and make him unable to use block for 6 seconds, which is plenty time to setup a combo, especially since the snowball also freeze, so you can impact stun them into aerial combo.

Do note if your snowball hits right after their block ends you won't disable their defense for 6 sec NOR freeze them, so you gotta make sure you use it when they are blocking and not inbetween their blocks.

As for "go behind and stun", if they are holding block just click Q/E + glacial beam (stun) like INSTANTLY after your Q/E, very few will react in time (as in, even the korean pros are sometimes not fast enough) and you will have a stun that you can continue to combo with.

The same thing works with dragonchar skilled into daze, just Q/E behind them and right after you hit that Q/E key just spam dragonchar key (aiming on them of course).

For Sin, the 3 quick tips I can think of are:

1. Keep chill on them with your frost palm (or other chill skills).

2. Really try to avoid hitting them during their counter (When their hands spin around all fancy like) and

3. SPAM. IMPACT. You can still see their silhouette in stealth, and even though they sometimes can get "evade" they are by no means immune to getting impacted right out of stealth, which makes them either burn a long cooldown or just be very vulnerable.

Since you also should have 2 points in your impact for ranged block (+focus recovery on freeze removal), spamming impact can negate some of their shuriken throws which means not losing as much health.

For counter, when you see their hands spinning around there is three scenarios:

1. You hit them, they get a succesful counter, now you got shit to deal with.

2. You don't hit them, they have a skill up which will make them swap you (which also CC's you briefly), this is why it is a good idea to Q/E near the end of their counter.

3. You don't hit them, they just keep running, this means they got nothing to go on you or stop you from hitting them in the face with spells in that moment, so glacial beam or dragonchar them and do a combo (note they might still have a CC escape against your stun/daze, but those have long CD so next time you get in the situation he likely won't).

Emh last tips against sin, whenever you get flashbanged/blinded, try to use your ice sheath in response quickly, it is a good way to trade cooldowns with them while keeping you out of harms way.

Oh and AoE still works during their counter, so you can ice coil them while they are doing it, and if you have T3S1 ice coil then it will chill them, which I BELIEVE disables the above nr "2." scenario, since I am... Like 80% sure that their swap is a movement skill, and all movement skills are disabled when they are chilled.

9 hours ago, ssolitude said:

Oh and AoE still works during their counter, so you can ice coil them while they are doing it, and if you have T3S1 ice coil then it will chill them, which I BELIEVE disables the above nr "2." scenario, since I am... Like 80% sure that their swap is a movement skill, and all movement skills are disabled when they are chilled.

Pretty sure the swap (Turning Leaf) is considered projectile (penetrates deflect), Divine Veil should stop it.

I have around 50% win rate against all other classes while have 100% against FM as a BM. I literally haven't lost to a single one since like level 30 (I'm 45). I really don't think that BM is op, it's one of the more balanced ones, but it looks like BM counters FM pretty hard. I beat bad FM's with like 90% while better ones can make me like 30-40% but still I feel unfair. Every time I see an FM in preparation screen, I rejoice. 

Most probably an FM good enough can beat a BM easily, but in my current skill level I can't see how. Currently I can just resist all ranged damages and do my combos easily while FMs don't have enough escapes to deal with my dashes. 

The best FM I've fought with, who actually deserved to win but couldn't, was knowing all my skills, was trying to snare me everytime I use my ss and could pierce my block with some ice skill. He/she was more aware about my parry and wasn't receiving unnecessary stuns from it. I took most of the damage from behind while rooted. 

Archived