Why are 45s runing lowbie dungeon? STOP!!!

SwayzesGh0st

On 2/1/2016 at 3:28 PM, xland44 said:

"why are high levels there if not to help?"

that's pretty damn selfish.... they're playing the game for fun just like you, and they're doing those quests for the same reason as you. if you don't like the fact that they don't wait for you, play without them.

But it is also selfish of them they know the cross server isn't place them with 45s. before I started my BD and stopped running the daily for blackram narrows on my summoner i helped I was a 41 in narrows but I did not rush ahead to the boss. It happened to me in tomb of exiles my first few runs and I asked them to wait I was told to stop bitching. Seriously. i love how the cross server thing works but there are some asses that take the fun out of it. Lakeside and Plague especially for 45s should be run solo or in doubles if just farming. Let those who want to party and need the quests do them if you are 45 that or just higher level it means not rushing if you want to rush like sometimes you might then party with your friends not drag low levels down that's my thought anyways 

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Asuka said:

But these posts really confuse me. I can bet my life that I play this game decently enough to fit into any group for any dungeon and that I only can contribute positively. And yet, I get the impression that I am like the worst player in the world reading these posts. I can't see myself soloing narrows at 20-22 with any class anytime soon, for example. I don't know whether there's some magical "truth" about the gameplay I have yet to discover and get 10x better or these posts are a bit exaggerated in their terminology, but something is off. I can't imagine like 99% of players being better than me, I am pretty sure that's not the case. There's something I'm missing here lol:) 

No, there's most likely nothing wrong with your gameplay at all. I feel like that too, at times, but I just plow through, die, and learn. Don't think that people who can "solo everything" do it perfectly, first go, everytime. That's BS. No one mentions their failures once they've finally succeeded. ;)

4 minutes ago, TalonShina said:

But it is also selfish of them they know the cross server isn't place them with 45s. before I started my BD and stopped running the daily for blackram narrows on my summoner i helped I was a 41 in narrows but I did not rush ahead to the boss. It happened to me in tomb of exiles my first few runs and I asked them to wait I was told to stop bitching. Seriously. i love how the cross server thing works but there are some asses that take the fun out of it. Lakeside and Plague especially for 45s should be run solo or in doubles if just farming. Let those who want to party and need the quests do them if you are 45 that or just higher level it means not rushing if you want to rush like sometimes you might then party with your friends not drag low levels down that's my thought anyways 

I have yet to see a higher level player rushing ahead to solo the boss.

Also, why are you expecting the higher level players to do something you don't want to do? Why should they party up with friends to improve the experience of others? A better idea would be to use the cross server only when you can't form a party through the usual methods. Makes more sense to me. Advertise, wait a few minutes and see if you ca form a full party or duo/trio. Try it solo, whatever. If there are people around the area, using the cross server dungeon makes no sense to me. It makes more sense that people use it for dailies, since this game is not designed to allow large amounts of travel for low cost.

3 minutes ago, Maryelle said:

No, there's most likely nothing wrong with your gameplay at all. I feel like that too, at times, but I just plow through, die, and learn. Don't think that people who can "solo everything" do it perfectly, first go, everytime. That's BS. No one mentions their failures once they've finally succeeded. ;)

In that case, everything is as I would expect it to be:)

But that means that it isn't "inherently normal" for a player to solo the content and that it demands practice outside of some spectrum of "tralala I play teh gaym":)

Which is perfectly fine, of course and something I would expect. But if that's the case, then the advice is still confusing to me.

I'll make an example. Let's talk about basketball and dunking. Unless physically disabled, virtually everybody can dunk. Even if you are like 150cm tall, you probably can dunk with decent training regime directed towards that goal.

That said, if someone asked me what to do in a situation where they are being denied of going close blahblah whatever, I would feel very strange to tell them "just dunk over the guy" or "that situation is perfectly dunkable" or something:) I would tell them to pass the ball or something and only then would tell them that they can dunk if they take this training to heart and practice and at a later date, they will be able to solve that same situation with a dunk:)

I can't see myself advising them to dunk just because it's dunkable. It just seems off and counterproductive. And makes them feel like they are idiots for not being able to dunk in the first place. Even though it's perfectly normal NOT to be able to dunk.

But as I see around the forums and in general, whenever someone asks something about some dungeon, the answer is "lol solo it". And ok, I get that, dungeons are soloable - technically. That doesn't mean everybody solo's them 24/7, as those suggestions seem to paint it.

I even youtube'd how to solo big4 and found Jaesung's video and was like "oh, Jaesung, he knows what he's doing, let's take a look" and the video starts with "ok, I'll tank the boss and my friend will take care of xyz":)

Just now, Asuka said:

But as I see around the forums and in general, whenever someone asks something about some dungeon, the answer is "lol solo it". And ok, I get that, dungeons are soloable - technically. That doesn't mean everybody solo's them 24/7, as those suggestions seem to paint it.

I even youtube'd how to solo big4 and found Jaesung's video and was like "oh, Jaesung, he knows what he's doing, let's take a look" and the video starts with "ok, I'll tank the boss and my friend will take care of xyz":)

I take my time with dungeons. No fast runs. If I want that, I get a group. Because I play a summoner, I pick off any outliers one by one with ranged attacks. If I can't pull one without making another aggro, I target one and hit it with something with a large AoE that also damages the other/s and I follow up with all my AoE attacks, damaging the entire group until they all start dropping.

With bosses, I run my ass off and try not to stay in one place. I've found with some bosses, if you can lead them into a narrow area, they tend to get stuck and their AoE is dimminished signifigantly and I can stay out of the way of their attacks while dealing my own. When that's not possible, rooting them to the spot is key. And if there are bombs, toss them first. Love them bombs.

Soloing dungeons is work smarter and harder.

It's all tactics, which you don't see in parties often, because a lot of people party up with people they don't know and no one puts any thought into how to tackle a dungeon. I ran Blackram Narrows in a six person group tonight (fast run for a specific item) and everyone jumped straight in and attacked when there were several ranged players who could have dealt damage and rooted the NPCs in place before the free for all. It was so ridiculous seeing their health drop sharply when it could have been done, with only a little more time and patience, with very little risk to their HP.

I was running Blackram on my 45 for the perm stat and offered to help so i looked for a group alot of ppl left because i was 45 lol so i took one person and they got all the drops he said thank you wish more of 45's would help

Archived